Internet in Med Ports

Does anyone know: we are going to Kusadasi, messin, piraeus: do any of the ports have something like an internet cafe? trying to avoid the ship's internet.

I am not sure of internet cafes but in Kusadasi there is a Starbucks in the port where I used their wifi. If you search the threads there is a lot more information and also, don't be afraid to ask the ships' crew where they go to use the internet while in port.

My niece and I had no trouble finding cafes with free wifi last summer in Athens and on Crete (you didn't mention Crete, but it sounds like maybe you're on the Navigator). We generally had to buy something at the cafe to get the wifi password, but it was still cheaper (and way faster) than the ship's internet.

Try this:

http://www.free-hotspot.com/index.php?lang=en

I just got off the phone with Boingo yesterday, who provide wifi service world wide. We are going to several areas worldwide, so wanted to know about getting wifi for both my Nook and my Notebook.

What's cool about Boingo is you can buy a plan, say for the US and Caribbean, for a month, then during that month switch to another plan, etc. You can also cancel at any time. Each plan is good for two devices, and they have their own app that you download that finds hotspots wherever you are, both free and Boingo.

So, if you are talking about taking your own device, then you might want to check out Boingo's app, too.

I figured it will cost us about $17 for a month trip with three different plans.

Okay, you guys are great BUT.....I am no youngster and while I am great with a computer, I have no idea of wifi...what it is, how it works....all I know is my grandchildren play games on the tv with it. SOOOO any info about computer things???

Okay, you guys are great BUT.....I am no youngster and while I am great with a computer, I have no idea of wifi...what it is, how it works....all I know is my grandchildren play games on the tv with it. SOOOO any info about computer things???

If you take a laptop or notebook (tiny laptop) with you, and turn on the internet connection on it, the application I mentioned, Boingo, finds the nearest place to you that has a wireless internet signal (wifi). You can use that signal to go on the internet to email, etc. If it's a Boingo internet connection, then you have to pay for it if you haven't already signed up for one of their plans.

Do you mean that you are not interested in wifi (and aren't carrying your own laptop/tablet/smart phone), but are looking for a place on land that has their own computers that you can use for a fee? My impression is that those kinds of internet cafes are less common than they used to be now that many people carry laptops/tablets/smart phones, but they do still exist. I'm not sure of a resource that would help you locate them, though.

Archived