Moderno on the Star

cherrypop

Does anyone know when the Moderno restaurant will be put on the Star? We are sailing on her April 15th and had made reservations for the 16th but I now see that being able to pre book this restaurant has been deleted. I was wondering if anyone knows if the initial date of March for the restaurant install has been delayed.

Cherie

Does anyone know when the Moderno restaurant will be put on the Star? We are sailing on her April 15th and had made reservations for the 16th but I now see that being able to pre book this restaurant has been deleted. I was wondering if anyone knows if the initial date of March for the restaurant install has been delayed.

Cherie

Does your reservation for Moderno still show? Have you received anything saying your reservation has been cancelled? I was hoping to try it on our Apr 27th cruise. I wonder if they just stopped taking online reservations for it?

Sold out for online booking?????:confused:

Only if all the dates and times on all the mentioned cruises would have been magically booked full over night. :D F.ex. OP is on the same 12nt cruise with me and there were a lot of open times for each day before the new bookings were no longer accepted.

So I'm assuming that there is some hickup with the remodeling and they can't meet the original deadline.

I called NCL today and they said that the Star should have Moderno open by April 8th. They also said if it is not showing on MY NCL then the 30% online booking space may be sold out. Hopefully thats it.

Yep, that has been the official story about the opening. (If I have learned something from CC is that when you ask a difficult question from 5 NCL customer service persons, you probably end up with 5 different answers and none of the persons actually know what they are talking about.)

The explanation about the 30% doesn't fit here as the bookings were completely stopped for number of departures - that should have affected only to single seatings (as it actually did, we have a bunch of people at our Roll Call going to Moderno at one specific evening and have had to book seatings anywhere from 5:30 to 7:30 when the 6:30 seating's online quota was fully booked).

But alas I'd like to believe that this is just somekind of a glitch and Moderno will be open for our cruise. :)

Well, as of our disembarkation on March 11, they had not visibly started the remodel. Has anybody heard any reports since then that the remodel has started? I have not.

I haven't seen any either, 2 nights cruise to nowhere departed today so we might get some insight after that has returned if anybody comes back to review.

Well, as of our disembarkation on March 11, they had not visibly started the remodel. Has anybody heard any reports since then that the remodel has started? I have not.

Soooooo, is the Tex Mex restaurant there or is there a restaurant out of commission? Are they doing the remodel during the cruises?? We sail on May 13th and I don't care which one is there but I'd just hate to see a whole section out of commission. :/

I called NCL today and they said that the Star should have Moderno open by April 8th.quote]

or is it some time in June as pixiedustdawn is claiming? hmmmmmm:confused:

I hope its either postponed and the texmex is still open, or its finished by April 8th. The ship will probably be sailing fuller than full since its April break for a lot of northern folks, I would hate to see a whole restaurant closed for the week!

Archived