Upgrade after an upgrade?

Murphy26

We got our cabin assignment yesterday for our Apr. 29 repo sailing out of San Juan. Went from a cat GG ocean view obstructed to a cat F oceanview obstructed. We paid for that and got that so that is okay with me. We moved 3 cabins over from the GG's. We have some view out the back of one lifeoboat. The ship doesn't seems to be very full as i think most people are sailing out of NY. Does anyone have any good upgrade stories to share... like getting an upgrade after getting the first upgrade? Thanks!:D

It happened to us one time. We had booked the lowest class interior cabin for one of our trips and were upgraded to highest level interior in a much better location. Then 2 days prior to sailing, we received a call and were told we were upgraded to an outside room.

It seems that someone cancelled last minute, because when we boarded the ship some folks still thought this other couple was in the room that we were moved to and they even tried to deliver a gift to the cabin from the other couple's TA. It wasn't even the lowest class of outside cabins so we were thrilled with the new room and the last minute surprise. Dave

I'm glad you asked the question as I was curious too. I'm booked on the same repositioning cruise and received my cabin assignment yesterday as well. I normally book a specific cabin number but that wasn't available for this cruise. I booked an L guarantee and was upgraded to a KK. Inside on Caribe Deck. Location is poor, but I'm not too concerned since its only 4-days. To be honest I would have rather not been upgraded and assigned a cabin in L, but I think there are only 6 cabins in that category so I knew it wasn't likely I would get one.

I'm pretty sure the cabin won't change at this point but one can dream right? LOL

Ernie

I can beat that. We first went from an obstructed to not as obstructed and several weeks before the sailing, they moved us all the way to a Window Suite. This was Golden to Alaska in 2010.

You have officially used up all your luck:D What a great upgrade.

On our Alaska cruise in 2010 we booked a G gty......got upgraded to a F & then the day before we left we were upgraded to BA. What a nice surprise to get a balcony. The people must of just cancelled because the room steward kept bringing things for the other people.

Can hope it happens again...........

Sharon

We got our cabin assignment yesterday for our Apr. 29 repo sailing out of San Juan. Went from a cat GG ocean view obstructed to a cat F oceanview obstructed. We paid for that and got that so that is okay with me. We moved 3 cabins over from the GG's. We have some view out the back of one lifeoboat. The ship doesn't seems to be very full as i think most people are sailing out of NY. Does anyone have any good upgrade stories to share... like getting an upgrade after getting the first upgrade? Thanks!:D

Crown Princess: went from H to D to BA.

Can someone tell me again how to see what cabins are still open that might be available for upgrade? How to monitor which cabins/class are open for booking or hopefully upgrade.

Can someone tell me again how to see what cabins are still open that might be available for upgrade? How to monitor which cabins/class are open for booking or hopefully upgrade.

Just look at your cruise and attempt to do a dummy booking. Princess will show you up to 6 cabin numbers available in each catagory. If you see six, there can be more. But if you see less than six, that's all there is available. Guarantee only means there are none.

Archived