Best Full English at sea?

BigKeith

There was one of those toast machines in the buffet on NCL Jade- watched over by a crew member with steely determination. The first time, she puzzled me by demanding to know if I needed an "English Muffin"....something which foxed me for a few days until I tried one (a sort of bap). The toast was hot, when she allowed you a slice.....:rolleyes:

Jo.

You've never heard of muffins? :eek: I often have them toasted.

hi marley-bop

have to agree with jocap, you can get hot toast on the jade.

my wife and i love a full english (albeit without the black pud,can't get on ships).

so what we do is this, we are early risers, so are mostly in the buffet early,we firstly secure a nice table,then when you get you dinner plates get two each,one for the food and one as a cover,go seperatly so you don't lose your table,once you have your main meal (all sourced from underneath the pile its warm to hot ) take it to the table,then go and get the side plates (2) for your toast,get hot toast and use the other plate as a cover.'wam bam a hot full english breaky with hot toast'

cheers

I usually head for the omelette station for cheese and mushroom omelette; Canadian ham if no 'proper' bacon available and hash browns. I did see black pudding once on NCL (Ireland cruise) and sometimes they have passable back bacon but one needs to go with the flow - US lines have some good breakfast stuff but do not really understand the great British fry-up (wot no fried bread? :eek:).

Black pudding, yummy. A proper Black Country item. Just don't tell the Americans what it's made from though!

In the United Kingdom, black pudding is considered a delicacy in the Black Country and the North West, especially in Lancashire, in particular the towns of Bury and Ramsbottom home of The World Black Pudding Throwing Championships, where it is sometimes boiled and served with malt vinegar out of paper wrapping. Black puddings are also served sliced and fried or grilled as part of a traditional full breakfast throughout the UK; it is also served this way in Ireland, New Zealand, and the Canadian provinces of Nova Scotia and Newfoundland and Labrador.

http://www.buryblackpuddings.co.uk/

Black pudding, yummy. A proper Black Country item. Just don't tell the Americans what it's made from though!

Having made a serious study :rolleyes: of the different black puddings available there is a massive variation in quality and taste. Personally speaking, I do not like too much spicing (particularly cinnamon). The one that appeared briefly on NCL was actually quite good (surprisingly enough).

Now if they did black pudding and scallops... (we can but dream)

You've never heard of muffins? :eek: I often have them toasted.

Actually, yes, we do have them, especially Tesco's cheese muffins, but it was the first time I'd heard of "English Muffins", so I was curious....and these were nothing special, just bap-like......not as interesting as the cheese muffins.

Jo.

Oh my we are trying to put the wrongs right here. Let me tell you what is wrong, Aboard the Explore of the Seas, English Pub The Crown and Kettle did not serve Draught Beer only Bottles :confused:, never been in an English Pub without Beer on Draught.

Yeah the Bacon is Crispy buy I like it that way, but you cannot have an English Breakfast without Brown Sauce.

So on my List is Draught Beer and Brown Sauce are you listening RCI

Oh my we are trying to put the wrongs right here. Let me tell you what is wrong, Aboard the Explore of the Seas, English Pub The Crown and Kettle did not serve Draught Beer only Bottles :confused:, never been in an English Pub without Beer on Draught.

Yeah the Bacon is Crispy buy I like it that way, but you cannot have an English Breakfast without Brown Sauce.

So on my List is Draught Beer and Brown Sauce are you listening RCI

I was surprised to see brown sauce on Sea Princess. But of course she was a ship set up for Brits and Irish more than most , in the Caribbean, with chartered aeroplanes. I don't know what she's serving now that she's Down Under!

Jo.

Jo

I was surprised to see brown sauce on Sea Princess. But of course she was a ship set up for Brits and Irish more than most , in the Caribbean, with chartered aeroplanes. I don't know what she's serving now that she's Down Under!

Jo.

Jo

They have probably committed the cardinal sin and replaced Marmite with Vegemite!

Archived