Oceania Room Service?

FlipperRae

We are booked on the Riviera in Oct in a veranda stateroom. The "book" mentions 24 hour room service several times throughout however in reading through various CC posts, I've seen it mentioned that you cannot get a hot breakfast in your stateroom unless you are in a suite. I went through the book again this morning, including the fine print, and also looked around their website but don't see anything regarding different "levels" of room service depending on your cabin category. It's not the end of the world but breakfast is probably the only meal we would likely order for room service! Can anyone shed some light on this subject?

We are booked on the Riviera in Oct in a veranda stateroom. The "book" mentions 24 hour room service several times throughout however in reading through various CC posts, I've seen it mentioned that you cannot get a hot breakfast in your stateroom unless you are in a suite. I went through the book again this morning, including the fine print, and also looked around their website but don't see anything regarding different "levels" of room service depending on your cabin category. It's not the end of the world but breakfast is probably the only meal we would likely order for room service! Can anyone shed some light on this subject?

We too were in this position and were told that only conceirge up got a cooked breakfast. You can have anything off your 24 hr room service menu for breakfast but I don't fancy a burger and chips! We actually upgraded to PH suite (it was a good deal) and because we can have not only full cooked breakfast but course by course dinner from any of the restaurants... bonus!!

I've looked at everything I can find put out by Oceania and they just don't tell you!! How would anyone know?? I found this menu from a standard cabin and it just shows continental breakfast. You would really think they would specify this in their brochure or somewhere.

http://www.1mpages.com/OceaniaInsignia/RoomServiceMenu.html

I've looked at everything I can find put out by Oceania and they just don't tell you!! How would anyone know?? I found this menu from a standard cabin and it just shows continental breakfast. You would really think they would specify this in their brochure or somewhere.

Personally, I think this is sort of silly. You can order a full dinner at 7am but not bacon and eggs. Azamara has no such rule. Anyone can order a full breakfast in any cabin. Unfortunately, their itineraries aren't as interesting to us and that's a higher priority. But if both lines had the same itinerary on an R ship, the one with the hot breakfast would definitely would get my vote.

Personally, I think this is sort of silly. You can order a full dinner at 7am but not bacon and eggs. Azamara has no such rule. Anyone can order a full breakfast in any cabin. Unfortunately, their itineraries aren't as interesting to us and that's a higher priority. But if both lines had the same itinerary on an R ship, the one with the hot breakfast would definitely would get my vote.

I agree!! Apparently it is to make the price point of paying for a higher up cabin worthwhile. On celebrity in any cabin you could at least order eggs or an omelette. It really does not make sense unless they are just trying to get people to eat breakfast in the dining rooms.

I can't believe they don't specify this anywhere though - how many people sail on Oceania thinking they will get a cooked breakfast in their room.

I was on the Summit and remember ordering a hot breakfast and that is why I'm so surprised you can't get that in an Oceania stateroom. As I said, it isn't that big of a deal because we are morning people anyways but I just think if they are going to be offering different services based on your category selection, they should be up front about it!

I was on the Summit and remember ordering a hot breakfast and that is why I'm so surprised you can't get that in an Oceania stateroom. As I said, it isn't that big of a deal because we are morning people anyways but I just think if they are going to be offering different services based on your category selection, they should be up front about it!

Apparently the CEO (I think that is right??) of Oceania reads these boards.. it would be great to get a response on this. Cooked breakfast in your room seems to be a secret until you arrive on board.

I only found out because of this forum - even my travel agent could not tell me and she phoned the Oceania agent and they didn't know!!

Before I think it was in the brochure under the perks for Concierge & up cabins on the R-ships, not sure where it starts on the O class ships

but some things seem to be left out of some the descriptions of stateroom amenities even on the website

I think it is a matter of proof reading...no one is checking

This is such a surprise! I can't imagine a cruise line trying to position itself as up market that does not provide a full, hot in-room breakfast service. We did an Azamara cruise last month and the room service breakfast menu was amazing and offered to all. On Crystal we not only had hot, in-room breakfasts, they let you do it on the disembarkation day as well which we thought was a great perk.

We've just booked our first OCL cruise and are now wondering what else might be missing. We've also sailed on Cunard and one of the reasons we haven't gone back is the degree to which they differentiate between cabin categories (felt too much like the old class system). While I understand there need to be some perks for those in more expensive cabins, going this far is making this sound too much like Cunard.

Just reading the online cabin descriptions

For R ships B', C,D & E cabin descriptions have

Complimentary and extensive 24-hour room service menu

Which is the same wording as for the suites

What does extensive mean :confused:

No mention of this for the A cat cabins which I believe is where the perk should be

Also there is no mention of fridges & soft drinks for the lower cabins only the A Cat

JMO

but the website needs to be updated

Thanks for posting this site :), we are taking our first Oceania cruise and it has a lot of great information.

Susan

Archived