I met the Boss!!!!

seadancer

I don't believe it. While walking thru the Miracle during our stop in Aruba . The group I was with was passed by the Captain and a bunch of important looking people. A lady in our group called the capt over and asked who it was. Turns out it was Mr. Cahill the President of the company. The captain was gracious enough to introduce us to him. you just never know who may walk by.

seadancer,

DW and I met him in 2009 on our Destiny cruise after having lunch with the staff. He chose our favorite place to eat; on the deck above the Lido buffet where Fish & Chips is located on Conquest Class ships (But no Fish & Chips on Destiny). He posed for pictures with us and talked for a while. Seemed like a very nice and obviously fun loving man. His attire that day was EXACTLY the same as the new at the time lido wait staff attire; black pants with sea blue button down shirt.

Like you I did not ask him about chair hogs, but if I see him again I will. ;) I won't be asking about Platinum benefits though since Carnival hired a man just for that; without a doubt that man is saving the cruise line some money so they won't be getting rid of him. :D

Maybe they were filming an episode of Undercover Boss and you met him after the reveal. Just picture him spending a week as a room steward.

19snapshot,

I suspect he gets around too much to work on board and not be noticed; I saw many crew members nearby who were all apparently working, but at the same time they were all craning to see him and what he was doing. He has also been featured many times in John Heald's blog and in Carnival advertisements. We may not get the impression that he's a hands on boss, but from what I saw and from what I've read, I think he is hands on.

Working a week with crew stewards may be the best way for him to hear what his patrons think; stewards hear about the ships condition and any problems from all of their passengers each and every week. I would think their insight may be the most valuable insight from any on board crew member.

Actually he did not sail the full cruise but just came on for two nights. He embarked in Dominican Republic and had supper in the dining room that night. The next night he ate at the Steakhouse and he debarked in Curacao. Apparently he does that for all of the ships once a year or every other year and goes over details with the captain and his staff. We were on that cruise and hoped to see him but I guess we were never in the right spot.

Archived