Tipping

flyboyswife

Yes. Room service personnel are waiters who either volunteer or are picked to deliver food to rooms for a few hours a day, depending on the schedule and demand. They are already receiving their share of the DSC because their main job is a waiter at one of the dining venues.

They volunteer because they receive tips for doing this extra duty, which is outside of their normal duties (it is my understanding that this opportunity is available to all crewmembers who are off duty that wish to perform it).

Nope, nothing else to do once you've prepaid. No envelopes, no slips of paper. Just sit back and enjoy your cruise.

That is so nice and convenient. I am SO happy we tried NCL for our quick all girls getaway in May. We also booked the Breakaway for July 2013 and love the difference so far.

You won't get any vouchers on NCL, which makes it easier as other than your steward it would be difficult to figure out who to give one to.

Thanks so much. Wonderful! Why wouldn't everyone just prepay then especially when FCC can't be used toward the service charges.

Why wouldn't everyone just prepay then especially when FCC can't be used toward the service charges.

Because sometimes I need to wait for the paycheck that comes just before I leave on a cruise, that way I know how much I have for a budget on board without cutting myself thin on other months. :D

Archived