Help ~ Info for cruise out of San Juan ~

Halya50

Hello,

Could someone please tell me when doing the San Juan cruise, which side of the ship will you be able to see the ports while coming into them?

We had come back from a cruise that we also did last year and were very disappointed that we were on the other side of the ship, and never got to see coming into port (never thought of it)

All help would be greatly appreciated........also if possible would you be able to tell me whether the room numbers should be even or odd.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

Could someone please tell me when doing the San Juan cruise, which side of the ship will you be able to see the ports while coming into them?

We had come back from a cruise that we also did last year and were very disappointed that we were on the other side of the ship, and never got to see coming into port (never thought of it)

All help would be greatly appreciated........also if possible would you be able to tell me whether the room numbers should be even or odd.

Thanks in advance

Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing. Ships can pull in on one side for one port, and the next port pull in on the other side! Depends on the ship traffic in port, weather/sea conditions, etc. And it can vary from cruise to cruise, also! Sorry.:)

Hello,

Thanks in advance

Which ship are you thinking of?

We sailed out of San Juan on the Carnival Victory. Our port stops included St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua and St. Kitts. Since we sailed, this intinerary has changed. The Carnival Victory no longer stops in Dominica and Antigua has been replaced with St. Maartin. Assuming you are thinking of the Carnival Victory, I can tell you which side faced port when we sailed (I won't include Dominica or Antigua since the Victory no longer stops there).

In San Juan the portside (even number cabins) faced the terminal.

Here is a photo of the Carnival Victory docked in San Juan (as seen from San Cristobal).

CarnivalVictoryCruise399.jpg

In St. Thomas the Starboard (odd cabin numbers) side of the ship faced the terminal but you could see Charlotte Amalie from the Portside. This photo was taken from the Solberg Overlook and it is the portside of the ship which you can see from here.

As you can also see in this photo, the Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas is docked opposite to the Victory. It is docked Portside instead.CarnivalVictoryCruise491.jpg

In Barbados although the ship was faced directly infront of the terminal, we exited the ship from the port side.

CarnivalVictoryCruise701.jpg

CarnivalVictoryCruise685.jpg

In St. Lucia the starboard side faced Pointe Seraphine.

IMG_0502.jpg

But it was the portside of the ship which could be seen from the Morne Fortune Overlook.

CarnivalVictoryCruise796.jpg

In St. Kitts the ship backed into Port Zante. We exited and entered the ship from the portside.

DSCF0144.jpg

Our cabin was on the portside of the ship and we were very happy being on that side of the ship. We could see our approach to all the islands from the portside and had terrific views. However when approaching St. Lucia the view of the Pitons is offered from the Starboard side. Keep in mind that the ship does not always dock the same way and could be different for you.

Hello,

Thanks in advance

When we went last May, every port was starboard side. It was awesome!!!

Archived