Slide hours?

G&TQ

Green Thunder on the Spirit did not have set hours, it was just whenever a crew member was manning it. It was only open in-port, however. There was a set day/time for crew members to go down it, but of course it was also open for guest use during this time as well.

In practice, the slides are open much less than the posted hours. If you want to use the slide and you see it open, I recommend using it, since you may not see it open again. On our first sea day on the Liberty, the slide was closed all day due to "high winds", even though it was hardly windy at all. Maybe the crew member called in sick that day?

Usually 10am it opens, but it can be pretty flexable, wind shuts it down more than a little but then again I've seen them open 8am-on during port days. Anyway, Funtimes will have the listed hours it's supposed to be open everyday....

It concerns me somewhat that, based on this thread, that Waterworks is frequently closed on sea days. Last year, I was on the Liberty, which has 3 pools. This June, I am booked on the Magic, which has many more passengers than the Liberty, but only 2 pools. I was concerned that the pools would be overly crowded, given that there were fewer of them for more passengers. But I was told that the Waterworks takes up much of the demand for the pools. However, you are now saying that Waterworks is usually closed on sea days, due to "high winds"? Why did they devote so much of the ship to an area that is never open? And would it have killed them to put a 3rd pool on the ship?

It concerns me somewhat that, based on this thread, that Waterworks is frequently closed on sea days. Last year, I was on the Liberty, which has 3 pools. This June, I am booked on the Magic, which has many more passengers than the Liberty, but only 2 pools. I was concerned that the pools would be overly crowded, given that there were fewer of them for more passengers. But I was told that the Waterworks takes up much of the demand for the pools. However, you are now saying that Waterworks is usually closed on sea days, due to "high winds"? Why did they devote so much of the ship to an area that is never open? And would it have killed them to put a 3rd pool on the ship?

We were on the Magic last month and the waterworks ran from 10 am to 5 pm (weather permitting). I think the times will vary pending how much daylight there is. I did enquire at guest services why they shut down so early. According to the rep it is because of safety reasons that they do not operate the waterworks when it's dark out. Weird... we were on the Dream Dec 2010 and the slides were open some nights until 8 or 9 pm & it was dark out. The slides were shut down on one of the sea days due to the pump failing. Needless to say we had very disappointed tweens! It gets windy often so take advantage of the slides when you can. As for the pools, yes they are very crowded during sea days. Just no way around it. Yes I agree they should have added at least one more pool. The only time we swam was on a port day that we came back on the ship early and no one was in the pool on the Lido deck. It's a big ship that carries a lot of passengers but we still had lots of fun! I'm positive you will have a great time and the Magic is a wonderful ship! Relax & enjoy your cruise!! :)

We'll be sailing on the Dream. Are you saying that there is a chance the slide is open on sea days? I thought it was only open when in port.

No, the waterslides should be open every day, as long as the weather doesn't get in the way. It's certainly not only open when in port. On the Miracle, the waterslide was open from 10am-4pm. On the Holiday & Celebration, it was open until 5:30. Triumph, Conquest, & Valor--until 5:00, when I was on them. For both the Dream & Magic, for us, they were open from 9am-6:00pm. I've never seen them open later than that. But the 2nd time on the Dream, we had 5:00 sunsets, so it was completely dark with the slides still going. It was awesome to ride those waterslides when it was dark!

Last week on the Magic, we had what felt like 60mph winds or more at the top of the waterslides. Yet, they remained open the whole time. We also had well over 4600 guests on board, about as much as they can possibly have. Despite that, the pools didn't seem to ever be overly crowded. Chairs overly crowded with towels (and not people), on the other hand, was another story.

You are misunderstanding. It's only the large slides that are sometimes shut down for high winds, not the rest of Waterworks.

It was only open in-port, however. There was a set day/time for crew members to go down it, but of course it was also open for guest use during this time as well.hjk

I thought the other posts said that it's also open on sea days? It would be a waste of space if it's only open on port days, when most people are off the ship. They should have used that space for something that is almost always open.

You are misunderstanding. It's only the large slides that are sometimes shut down for high winds, not the rest of Waterworks.

Besides the "large slides", what else does Waterworks have that adults can use?

Thanks everyone for your replys! We are early birds and were hoping they would be open 8ish as that is when we like to hit the pools before the crowds.

I guess we shall play it by ear.

Thanks everyone for your replys! We are early birds and were hoping they would be open 8ish as that is when we like to hit the pools before the crowds.

I guess we shall play it by ear.

That's what you'll have to do. We found them to be open very sporadically. Good luck and happy slippin' and slidin'. :)

I thought the other posts said that it's also open on sea days? It would be a waste of space if it's only open on port days, when most people are off the ship. They should have used that space for something that is almost always open.

Besides the "large slides", what else does Waterworks have that adults can use?

Again, even the large slides are usually open both sea days and port days, unless the winds are so strong as to make it dangerous. Other than the large slides, there are smaller slides and side by side 'racer slides' (remember the water-wedgie CCL commercial?). As well as those bucket things that fill and them tip over to drench you (no idea what the technical term is for that), litte fountains, etc etc etc.

Archived