Tickets for Coliseum - Vatican - Accademia

Yankee123

Hello All,

We are in the process of reserving our tickets for this summer for the Coliseum, Vatican and the Accademia. I have the websites for all three (I'm not sure if I can list them here).

We are a family of 6 traveling, My wife and I with our son and daughter who are both under 6 years of age, and my in laws.

On the website that I am reserving the tickets for the Vatican, it clearly states and I quote "It is possible to purchase a ticket at a reduced price for children aged between 6 and 18 years old (18 years included)."

Is it safe to assume, that children under six are free and I do not need to buy tickets for them?

I can not seem to find the same information for the Coliseum and Accademia. Does any one know?

Thank you in advance

Children under six are free at the Vatican Museums. See here (http://www.museivaticani.va/3_EN/pages/z-Info/MV_Info_Biglietto.html):

Free Entrance

• On the last Sunday of each month.
  • World Tourism Day (september 27).
  • Children under 6 years of age.

For the Colosseum, only EU citizens get reduced rates, according to the City of Rome's tourism web site all others must pay for tickets: http://www.060608.it/en/cultura-e-svago/beni-culturali/beni-archeologici/colosseo-anfiteatro-flavio.html

I don't see anything on the Accademia web site for reduced or free tickets, other than for school students there as a group with a teacher (http://www.firenzemusei.it/).

In regards to tickets for the Colosseum is there an option to purchase the underground tour ahead of time? And how far ahead of time are tickets available online? I believe for the Vatican it is 60 days but have not read any information for the Colosseum.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
In regards to tickets for the Colosseum is there an option to purchase the underground tour ahead of time? And how far ahead of time are tickets available online? I believe for the Vatican it is 60 days but have not read any information for the Colosseum.

Thanks!

Just wondering if anyone has had luck booking the underground tour on line?

Snow bunny

Archived