750 ML Craft Beer?

devilsaint78

I know everyone is allowed to bring one 750ML bottle of champagne or wine on board, but has anyone ever tried bringing a 750ML bottle of craft beer instead? Would that be allowed or does beer fall into some other category than wine so a substitution wouldn't be possible?

It clearly states wine or champagne is permitted. This allowance is given for those who may wish to bring a "special" wine/champagne to enjoy on their cruise that may not be a brand available on the cruise.

It clearly states wine or champagne is permitted. This allowance is given for those who may wish to bring a "special" wine/champagne to enjoy on their cruise that may not be a brand available on the cruise.

I would say the difference in quality between the beer offered on board and "special" beer is FAR greater than the fairly decent wine lists I have seen people post from previous Inspiration cruises. There's really no beer offered on board that I would look forward to drinking.

I may have to try a Barleywine. I certainly won't bring anything from the cellar (wouldn't want that taken away) but a trip to Total Wine to find a bottle I wouldn't mind if it were taken is worth a shot.

Good luck to all of you attempting to try this dodge!. Personally it's a waste of good brew and good $$! They'll grab it an you'll never see it again. "Oops, sorry it must have rolled around in the unventilated storage area during those rough sea days we had and the top popped":eek: Or "What bottle was that ? (hic)"

Archived