British ghd'S

sunsearcher59

Great thank-you its been on my mind ever since we booked .We are sailing on the Crown in august and the heat and humidity plays havoc with my hair :eek: can now start to plan port trips .:)

You mean GPT's?:)

Great thank-you its been on my mind ever since we booked .We are sailing on the Crown in august and the heat and humidity plays havoc with my hair :eek: can now start to plan port trips .:)

You might need the plug that converts from the UK plug to the US plug. I was told the princess ships have the US plug.

You might need the plug that converts from the UK plug to the US plug. I was told the princess ships have the US plug.
Most Princess ships have just a US socket in the cabin although there is a 220v outlet in the bathroom that's for shavers only. A hair dryer or straightener would draw too much power and probably trip the circuit. As said, as long as your small appliance is dual voltage, you just need an adapter. There's a hair dryer in every cabin so there's no need to bring one with you. It's small but adequate for most people.

Most Princess ships have just a US socket in the cabin although there is a 220v outlet in the bathroom that's for shavers only. A hair dryer or straightener would draw too much power and probably trip the circuit. As said, as long as your small appliance is dual voltage, you just need an adapter. There's a hair dryer in every cabin so there's no need to bring one with you. It's small but adequate for most people.

It is a straightener. People with lovely naturally curly hair NEED them.

I've been on 2 Princess cruises and have used my GHD's with no problems at all. You just need to remember to bring an adaptor and it's a good idea to bring one of the plug adaptors that has outlets on the sides and top as the GHD cord is quite long from the actual straighteners and sometimes will not have enough room if plugged in normally as the cord will not flex.

I'm with you on that one shogun and your other half!

Sunsearcher check out the voltage and if they are universal you should be fine with adapter, also I took a 4way uk adapter so was able to charge a few things at same time. Happy Cruising!

Melissa

We are with Melissa and Shogun on this one. My daughter has the same straightening iron you have, GHD, and we would never think of taking it and using a converter with it. When we go to Europe I bought her an iron that is 220 voltage only. Never would she think of taking her one from the US and using it there.

Even with the converters you can burn up your hair appliances. I've known some friends who have done this. We do have a good dual voltage hair dryer also that we take when we travel to your area also.

Truly, it is worth the money to invest in a travel products that use different voltage. Granted it isn't cheap, but would hate to see you burn up what you have. BTW, she loves her GHD straightener. Best one she has ever had.

Have a great trip.

I'm with you on that one shogun and your other half!

Sunsearcher check out the voltage and if they are universal you should be fine with adapter, also I took a 4way uk adapter so was able to charge a few things at same time. Happy Cruising!

Melissa

I have used my GHD's in USA numerous times and on lots of Princes cruises, they are multi voltage and can be used internationally, all you need is a standard US travel adapter. No problem in the cabin.

Interesting! The one we bought in the US is definitely not multi voltage. Lucky to have one that is! Wish we did.

I have used my GHD's in USA numerous times and on lots of Princes cruises, they are multi voltage and can be used internationally, all you need is a standard US travel adapter. No problem in the cabin.

Archived