local guides only take fresh/crisp money

kahliasmom

grand isle joe,

Might I suggest some lovely travel videos for you. You can sit on your couch at home in the good 'ol US of A and view all these places without the remote possibility of being offended by their culture and lack of American values. Much cheaper too.

Cheers!

Well, just hope China will not crash land their economy or your economy might suffer if the mineral and coal exports start to slow......Cheers!

If China blows off it will be as a result of their export markets crashing and burning. Which means USA and Western Europe are already gone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grand isle joe,

Might I suggest some lovely travel videos for you. You can sit on your couch at home in the good 'ol US of A and view all these places without the remote possibility of being offended by their culture and lack of American values. Much cheaper too.

Cheers!

thank you for the tip........CHEERS!:)

If China blows off it will be as a result of their export markets crashing and burning. Which means USA and Western Europe are already gone!

..so I guess that it really doesn't matter if you have new uncirculated dollars or crappy dollars......Cheers!:)

.Sent form my crappy old P.C.

..so I guess that it really doesn't matter if you have new uncirculated dollars or crappy dollars......Cheers!:)

.Sent form my crappy old P.C.

The only place that accepts tatty or crisp usd in Australia is the Bank. Which is not the answer to your post above but I have no idea how it relates to what you have quoted.

Australia. And we get lots of cruise ships here. Our economy is one of the most robust in the world and we did not experience the same impact of the GFC. We did not go into recession. So, if you choose not to come here then we will survive nicely without you spending your money here.

Seriously, if I rocked up to a shop in the USA with Australian dollars, do you really think they would be accepted? So why can't you see that many countries will not accept your currency and not take offence at that!

My my! I was not taking offense at all. I have spent a very many months in your country and found it to be the friendliest country I have ever been in. While what you say about your economy is largely true, the US dollar is still the currency of the world. While that may be a little irritating it is true. When I spend more than a few days in a country I of coarse use the local currency. We are talking here about people who are there largely for a day and to expect them to get local currency is unless it is in the Euro zone, where you will make several ports, too costly. Mostly I use a credit card without a fee for currency exchange and use cash for tips etc. Remember we are talking about vendors who are serving cruise ships not shops and merchants away from the ports. There it is always wise, no matter what country you are in to use credit cards. Oh, by the way a good friend just returned from a cruise that had three stops in Australia and the paid local tour guides in US dollars (at a small surcharge). I have found that the vendors who cater to the needs and desires of their customers are those who are successful. So if all you have is US dollars or a credit card ask if either is acceptable. In most cases it will be.

By the way you guys have the best beer in the world and coarse I don't mean Fosters.

The only place that accepts tatty or crisp usd in Australia is the Bank. Which is not the answer to your post above but I have no idea how it relates to what you have quoted.

THE MONEY IS USELESS!!!! Much like Germany after World War I....no value to the paper if the economies crash....Cheers:)

Sent from my crappy old P.C.

By the way you guys have the best beer in the world and coarse I don't mean Fosters.

Now that statement alone makes you very worthy of being an honorary Australian. :D. Most people think (maybe because they haven't tried it) that Fosters is our best and most popular beer. Did you try a Coopers Pale Ale by chance?

ok Joe, gotcha now! :)

Now that statement alone makes you very worthy of being an honorary Australian. :D. Most people think (maybe because they haven't tried it) that Fosters is our best and most popular beer. Did you try a Coopers Pale Ale by chance?

ok Joe, gotcha now! :)

I tried the pale ale and the sparkling ale when I was in Adelaide. Both were very good. I preferred the pale ale. I took the overnight train the Ghan from Adelaide to Alice Springs and I think tried a dozen or so local brews In small amounts of coarse. Did not find one that was objectionable.

I have been to SE Asia, Japan and other Eastern Hemisphere ports and while I mostly used credit cards no one objected to the tips in US currency. I did take a tour in Kuala Lumpur where the guide quoted the price in US Dollars and said he would take a credit card but preferred US cash. Never tried anything but credit cards in the shops however.

I tried the pale ale and the sparkling ale when I was in Adelaide.

I live in Adelaide and that is where Coopers is made. Glen Cooper is a friend of my husband. Adelaide is pretty small, you probably stayed right around the corner from me!:p

I live in Adelaide and that is where Coopers is made. Glen Cooper is a friend of my husband. Adelaide is pretty small, you probably stayed right around the corner from me!:p

We stayed at: Medina Grand Adelaide Treasury on Flinders Street.

Very nice!

You are in the middle of wine country with some great wineries.

We stayed at: Medina Grand Adelaide Treasury on Flinders Street.

Very nice!

You are in the middle of wine country with some great wineries.

That's a nice place. We know the Manager!:D

Yes, on a recent Cunard cruise, of the Australian wines available, all but two of them came from South Australia. The Penfolds winery that produces the Grange Red is about five minutes from where we live. The Barossa is in the North and the Vales are in the south. We are surrounded by vines!

I do like California wines though.

Archived