Flowers in the cabin

tom_uk

Has anyone ordered flowers for their cabin from the 'Gifts' list? If so, what were they like, and were they there when you embarked? (assuming that was when you wanted them.)

Alternatively, does anyone know if it's possible to take flowers that have been bought from a Southampton florist on board with you? The advantage of this would be that we could specifiy the flowers.

Not only can you take flowers on board with you, you can get them delivered to the ship from a local florist.

We have ordered flowers on board before now and they have been very nice, if rather expensive at times. We haven't ordered in advance of boarding though.

We sometimes bring flowers on board from various ports.

I have arrived to find gift flowers in my cabin courtesy of P&O from the on-board florist and they were beautiful and lasted the whole 2 week cruise, but if buying them yourself I would probably take them on with me as Cruiseluvva suggests or get them delivered to the ship.

009.JPG

My husband arranged flowers for me for our 25th anniversary and got lots of brownie points for it. He can't remember if he chose the flowers (men!) but it was a lovley display. it was a total surprise as well, they were delivered in the morning of our anniversary-he was still in bed..I guess the only thing about taking them onboard is that by the time you have queued to go through security, carted hand luggage and flowers onboard, hung around until you could get in your cabin ,then waited for the steward to get something to put them in ,they may look a little bedraggled. Do it onboard, much easier.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Lots of good information. I've also done a Google search (which perhaps I should have done before....) and found that the florists in Southampton do indeed deliver to the ships.

We've never really been bothered about flowers much, but my wife had a birthday recently and one of our daughters, who lives nearly 200 miles away, sent her some flowers. Roses and lilies; when they were delivered the roses were good and the lilies were closed, but over the following two weeks (!) the roses slowly faded but the lilies opened and filled the house with scent. We were delighted, and I know my wife really enjoyed them, so it's occurred to me that this would be a good thing to do for the next long cruise.

Has anyone ordered flowers for their cabin from the 'Gifts' list? If so, what were they like, and were they there when you embarked? (assuming that was when you wanted them.)

Alternatively, does anyone know if it's possible to take flowers that have been bought from a Southampton florist on board with you? The advantage of this would be that we could specifiy the flowers.

Tom, ! You only had to ask! LOL... I have a photo!

P5050212.jpg

This photo shows the 'deluxe Occasion package' which we had for our wedding anniversary onboard Arcadia.... Lovely flowers that lasted all cruise (16nights), the package was well worth having and included 2 spa treatments - massage and facial - a formal professional photo, champagne breakfast and a 1/2 bottle of Moet in cabin on arrival along with chocolates and those flowers.

Archived