What to expect w/Guar Cabin exchange/ offer

netorders

Hi All-

Thought I toss this out to the experienced cruise crowd. It has been probably asked before, however, each situation/ship is slightly different.

We gave up a Mid ship Baja Balcony BD during the latest sale for a BA Guar on the CP for the 5/14 sailing around the UK.

1) Right decision?

2) Time frame for new assignment?

3) What should we expect?

4) Can we refuse cabin if we get a dud?

Never been in this situation before. Went on TA advice.

TIA

sorry I can't relate any experiences--but a BA balcony has got to be in a better location than BD--personally, I don't care where I am as long as it is in a balcony--I think you did the right thing! Bet it will be a lovely surprise. Happy sailing!

sorry I can't relate any experiences--but a BA balcony has got to be in a better location than BD--personally, I don't care where I am as long as it is in a balcony--I think you did the right thing! Bet it will be a lovely surprise. Happy sailing!

Yes we are hoping for a lovely surprise, IE the infamous mini suite upgrade that the upgrade fairy grants now and then !

thanks

1. Doesn't matter you have decided.

2. Up until day of sailing.

3. BA cabin. You are most likely to get one of the lesser cabins in this category as they are the ones that have not been scooped up.

4. Sure. However, since you will be in for a significant penalty, you may want to take it.

Well just found out by logging into MyPrincess then got an email booking update the next day. Caribe midship BA C422. Not bad, not great. Cross the hall cabins, elevator bank near by.

Larger 1/2 covered balcony with this cabin. We will go with the flow.

No m-s cabin this round.

Pj & Dog -- we will see you @ M&G

I believe it's the Caribbean Princess (which I also want to call the CP before I stop and think) doing the UK on 5/14. There are BAs forward on Lido and of course, midship on Caribe with the larger balcony.
Ahh... The 2-letter Princess code for the Caribbean Princess is "CB." You can see what the code is by going to the Princess website, clicking on Ships, and click on a ship name. The code is in the URL. This is so someone doesn't get confused by the abbreviation CP which someone could use for the Caribbean Princess (CB), Coral Princess (CO), Crown Princess (KP) or Sea Princess (CP). :)

Archived