Table for Two in MDR

Does anyone know how to request a table for two in the MDR? Or is it done at random? My fiance was commenting on how he doesn't like to eat in front of people and it will also be our honeymoon so a table for two might feel more romantic. Our cruise is in May on the Freedom. :D

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Does anyone know how to request a table for two in the MDR? Or is it done at random? My fiance was commenting on how he doesn't like to eat in front of people and it will also be our honeymoon so a table for two might feel more romantic. Our cruise is in May on the Freedom. :D

When you first board go straight to see the Maitre D' and speak with him/her. It doesn't hurt to tip them! Works for us every time no matter what the cruise line!

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Is the maitre d' in the MDR when you first board?

Usually yes. Just check when you first board and ask anyone where you go to change your table assignment. Most times it's also listed in the "daily" so check that too when you first board.

Check your Funtimes when you get on the ship. It should list a time to inquire about dining room changes. It is usually about 1pm. We have been doing this for quite a few cruises and have had no problem getting what we request. We have never felt the need to tip. It is not a big deal.

I think the Maitre' d usually goes to the dining room at about 1pm, for dining room changes . so depends on when you board. If you prefer a table for 2, then I would defininitely suggest seeing maitre'd to ensure this. Also, there are two dining rooms, and I think only one dining room is open to see maitre'd and to make changes.

Check your Funtimes when you get on the ship. It should list a time to inquire about dining room changes. It is usually about 1pm. We have been doing this for quite a few cruises and have had no problem getting what we request. We have never felt the need to tip. It is not a big deal.

Cool!

Guest LoveMyBoxer

No about the tip, but it does guarantee a good table. We have had a table by the window for two and then three since 1992!

Also suggest you get there well before the time listed since there WILL be a line! DH usually goes as soon as we board. DS and I go to the Lido and then I bring DH something to eat while he's waiting in line! LOL

We tell our Carnival PVP when we book, and she must have a way to put in the request. We have had the tables for 2 or 3 whenever we asked at booking. We do go to the MDR after boarding to make sure.

Email frmaitred@carnival.com and give him your name, sail date and booking #, tell him it is your honeymoon cruise and you would be very appreciative of a table for two. You will likely get a prompt email that says anything from"absolutely, no problem" to "I will do my best but there are no guarantees"! Good luck:)

eta: and YES, absolutely go to the MDR when you board to make sure you got it!!

Archived