Warnemunde port and flying into Berlin

rhsjr

Our cruise starts in Warnemunde and we will be flying into Berlin a day early. Do we stay in Berlin and tour or transfer directly to Warnemunde? Looking for suggestions and hotels either place.

I would think you would stay in Berlin and transfer to Warnemunde in the morning. It is roughly 2.5 hours by car, a similar amount by train. While I am sure there is something to do in Warnemunde, I know there is plenty to do in Berlin so if you arrive early you can see some sights.

Berlin is huge, so if I were you with such a short time to see it, I would stay as near to Brandenburg Gate as you can. You would be very central, and have easy access to the rest of the city from there, whether by taxi, HOHO bus , or U-Bahn/ S-Bahn trains. All the HOHO buses start from the Brandenburg gate.

Can't recommend any hotels sorry, we stayed about a mile down the road and walked our little legs off!

If you use the HOHO, my best tip is to get one with an English commentary! (Unless your German is very good). We enjoyed our tour in a vintage 1920s bus very much, but hardly understood a word!

kate

Archived