Where do you get a jitney?

geovet

The nearest stop to port is maybe a 1/2 mile walk. The easiest way to get there may not be the shortest.

Take a right out of the cruise terminal and walk along the harbor towards Senor Frogs. Follow the road to the left. You will enter a traffic area instead of a foot traffic only area. Turn left on that street the cars are turning onto, and the first right will be where you can pick up the jitney.

The nearest stop to port is maybe a 1/2 mile walk. The easiest way to get there may not be the shortest.

Take a right out of the cruise terminal and walk along the harbor towards Senor Frogs. Follow the road to the left. You will enter a traffic area instead of a foot traffic only area. Turn left on that street the cars are turning onto, and the first right will be where you can pick up the jitney.

It's 4 blocks from the port exit.

Go straight ahead when you exit to Bay Street. Make a right onto Bay Street.. it's 3 blocks down on the left.. George Street.. there's a Ice cream shop on the corner..

Easy peasy..

Not to hijack, but a related question...

Is there ANY way to see what the actual bus routes are?

(Preferably online or in advance somehow.)

Not that I have ever seen. In 25 years.. I've never come across one.

The #10 is the one you want if you are looking to get to and from the cable beach area.. along the water.

Unless you are heading somewhere specific and know that it's safe, I wouldn't take an inland jitney just to see nassau. We have a terrible crime problem outside the tourist corridor.

Thanks scubagirl - I was pretty sure that was the case. In December my daughter and I hopped on the 10a and rode its entire route but never really knew where we were! We sat right behind the driver so I felt somewhat secure.

Anyway, again, my apologies for the interruption.

Thanks scubagirl - I was pretty sure that was the case. In December my daughter and I hopped on the 10a and rode its entire route but never really knew where we were! We sat right behind the driver so I felt somewhat secure.

Anyway, again, my apologies for the interruption.

Glad to help..

The 10a is a nice way to see a little bit more of the area.. it takes a little detour.. but still stays within the tourist corridor.

We are a couple with a child...should we walk to Cable Beach or grab the #10 jitney? Also will we have any trouble with getting passes for the beach the day we arrive or should we make reversations? Thanks for the help.

Missygirl

We are a couple with a child...should we walk to Cable Beach or grab the #10 jitney? Also will we have any trouble with getting passes for the beach the day we arrive or should we make reversations? Thanks for the help.

Missygirl

Cable Beach is 5 miles. too far to walk.. Grab the jitney.. it's $1.25 - ask them to drop you at the sheraton.. (they will drop you diagonally across the street.).. Passes are available from the front desk.. no reservations.

• 11 months later...

Archived