Triumph taking fuel right now

Why would they be taking on fuel right now 8;30AM Galveston time if the ship was not going anywhere? Also have seen forklifts loading stuff on the ship on the webcam. No one sailing today has posted anything about the cruise being cancelled on the rollcall or anywhere else I have looked at and nothing on CCLs website about it either.

Just saying I see no indication that the cruise is cancelled have you?

Why would they be taking on fuel right now 8;30AM Galveston time if the ship was not going anywhere? Also have seen forklifts loading stuff on the ship on the webcam. No one sailing today has posted anything about the cruise being cancelled on the rollcall or anywhere else I have looked at and nothing on CCLs website about it either.

Ah. You're simply making assumptions. I thought you had some info. :rolleyes:

I can't tell if they are loading of unloading with forklifts. The AIS shows a tug up against her and not a tanker. Wouldn't a tanker be used to fuel the ship and not a tug? I ask that question, as I am not 100% sure.

I can't tell if they are loading of unloading with forklifts. The AIS shows a tug up against her and not a tanker. Wouldn't a tanker be used to fuel the ship and not a tug? I ask that question, as I am not 100% sure.

From what I've seen when other ship's refuel, it's usually done from a barge which would be put into position by a tug.

Looks like fuel being removed . Paper says not going anywhere, till Costa pays up.

Why would they be off loading fuel? How can you tell? Not flaming just curious as to how you know this. The story is still evolving. Here is a quote from the Brand Ambassador from his Face Book page.

Good afternoon, everyone.

A US magistrate in Texas has ordered that the Carnival Triumph be seized today in Galveston in connection to a lawsuit related to the death of a guest who sailed on the Costa Concordia.

Our legal department is working to resolve the matter as expeditiously as possible. Normal operations are proceeding as usual.

We have prepared the following statement and answers to anticipated questions in case you receive inquiries. Please become familiar with it and DO NOT READ to the callers.

We are optimistic this will be resolved and the ship will be able to sail as planned. Guests wishing to cancel will be assessed penalties.

Embarking guests will be given a letter as they arrive at the terminal informing them of the situation.

For obvious reasons I can't say any more than this at the moment . I promise to keep you informed

John

Galveston newspaper reporting this morning that attorneys are meeting right now trying to figure out If the ship will sail this afternoon. It states people should keep their plans to sail but that the news would be updated as it becomes available. People were asking last night why the triumph, my question is what does a German have to do with Texas? My guess might be a lawyer filing where the next carnival ship was due in port and maybe no courts or judges in Florida would go for it.

Why would they be off loading fuel? How can you tell? Not flaming just curious as to how you know this. The story is still evolving. Here is a quote from the Brand Ambassador from his Face Book page.

Good afternoon' date=' everyone. [/i']

A US magistrate in Texas has ordered that the Carnival Triumph be seized today in Galveston in connection to a lawsuit related to the death of a guest who sailed on the Costa Concordia.

Our legal department is working to resolve the matter as expeditiously as possible. Normal operations are proceeding as usual.

We have prepared the following statement and answers to anticipated questions in case you receive inquiries. Please become familiar with it and DO NOT READ to the callers.

We are optimistic this will be resolved and the ship will be able to sail as planned. Guests wishing to cancel will be assessed penalties.

Embarking guests will be given a letter as they arrive at the terminal informing them of the situation.

For obvious reasons I can't say any more than this at the moment . I promise to keep you informed

John

Oh boy....here we go :mad:

Archived