Yellow Bird Party Boat

jeb9860

Has anyone booked this trip independantly of their cruise ship. If so any websites you can recommend. Thanks. We are back to back in December and in Nassau twice, so looking for ideas how to spend 2 diferent days there. Been before and spent the day on the beach and then shopping, so would like to see more of the island this time.

I don't know of any website that book the Yellowbird, but I know that they will allow you to purchase a ticket on the boat if they are not overbooked.

The boat docks around 12:30pm each day for boarding. Just talk to the captain or first mate. I think it's $27/30.

*there is sometimes an early morning trip, which is booked solely thru the cruiseships.

The YellowBird puts in downtown at the Wharf, which is just outside the port where the ships dock. You can't miss it. The Yellowbird is a VERY big triple decker catamaran with Bright White and Yellow Striped Awnings. My nephew is the Captain most days. Captain Marvin.

Will the kids enjoy the trip ? I know we will seen loads of pics it looks great and it will be fun to see the summer homes of the rich and famous? I saw some pics too of Peral Island where it stops and saw Stingrays, am I thinking of the same trip.

It gets pretty wild but not out of control. Little kids might not like it but bigger kids might. I booked mine on the website for the cruise before I went. We just had a ball! M husband, btw, does not drink and he had a ball too.

we booked our Yellowbird excursion through Carnival...do they make sure everyone from the ship gets there? Do we all go as a group, or just everyone takes off, "every man for himself" and we meet up there? just curious! thanks. :)

You'll go as a group with a leader holding a sign (there are several groups heading for the dock, so stay with your sign).

They will stay with you until you board.

As for the kids... there are three decks to the Yellowbird. As well as inside and outside areas, plenty of space for you to get away from the partying if need be. Most of the time, the kids love to participate in the fun dancing and limbo.

A group of six of us did the Yellowbird on Saturday and didn't like it at all. The music going out to Pearl Island was terrible and very loud. It was also very windy. The island was small and the tiny area of beach was too crowded for the group that was there. I couldn't just hang out and swim as there was a big volleyball game in the area where we could swim. Besides - the water was cold. They charged $6 for a hamburger, $7 if you wanted a small bag of potato chips. A cup of watered down soda was $2. There was a small gift shop but it didn't really have much of anything. The trip back was better. The music was played from a CD instead of the "band" - (one guy with a guitar, a lousy, monotonous, drum beat from a machine and a front man") and was better. It wasn't as windy. I don't like rum punch and mixed drinks were $5 and beer was $4.

I would have preferred a better place to stop. There was no snorkeling unless you brought your own equipment and I didn't see any of that from our boat. There was another "booze and cruise" ship that stopped right off of the island for snorkeling and then went to another beach across the water for swimming.

I don't like Nassau and would have preferred to stay on the ship for the time we were there. We docked around 12:30 in the afternoon, the tour was booked for 1:00 and we got back to the ship at around 4:30 or 4:45. It was supposed to be 3 hours but was longer. We sailed at 5:30.

Yellowbird was a waste of my time and money but I did see many drunk people who had a blast. When we were getting off, the guy in front of me could barely stand up and was being held up by his friends. Not my idea of fun but to each his own.

Has anyone been on The YELLOW BIRD in December, January, or February when there may be COOLER days in the Bahamas? Was it still fun? :confused:

We LOVE Party Boats! Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Archived