Just back from Carnival Liberty with 15-month old

JinxyB

I am interesting in hearing how your little one did, as my dd will be 15 months when we leave later this month.

Did you eat in the MDR and did you have to pre-feed your child or did they have something pretty quickly. I am worried we will have to because my dd is very impatient when it comes to food.

Did you find places for your little one to run around a little/play during the day?

Did you use any of the after hours baby sitting or go to the under 2 play time?

Most importantly, were you able to have a good time and relax?

My son did great! We went to the MDR every night except one formal night. I did Your Time Dining and was there when the dining room opened at 5:45. The staff were great with him and I requested to be sat in an area that was kind of in the corner, slightly walled off, as to not disturb the other customers. I ordered off the kids menu most nights and they brought his food first...there was sometimes up to a 15-20 min wait for this (dining service was VERY slow). I kept him entertained with bread and Cheerios. They filled his sippy cup with milk (only 2% on Carnival, no whole). Maybe you can bring some snacks from the buffet or a banana if your child needs to eat right away? I also had his stroller on hand-once he fell asleep during dinner in his high chair so it was nice to have another place to put him.

During the day I let him run around in the nightclub (empty during the day), the arcade, and the teen area (empty during port times). I found an outside area on deck 12 that had the chess set, etc. to let him run around on. I brought a small inflatable pool and let him splash around on the balcony.

I did use the paid sitting services at Camp Carnival every day so I could get some down time. I never left him for more than 2.5 hours. They give you a phone should they need to contact you. I did not do the night program, but they do offer it for under 2's (for a fee).

I had a nice time, but I won't be cruising again with just my son until he is 2, so he can enjoy the kids club! He was a big hit with the staff, most of who have young kids at home. This was my son's third cruise-just adjust your expectations and you will have a blast!

Can you just go into the nightclub area during the day?? I am assuming its not blocked off or anything?

Since you said you used the paid baby sitting every day, I assume you felt comfortable with the level of care? We will probably not use it during the day, but I plan on using it atleast one night, if we aren't too tired out that is from chasing after her.

I am going with relatively low expectations. I know that we will have to care for and entertain (and contain) our daughter the entire trip. Really the only part I worry about is the entertain and contain part. I still figure that it will be easier than a week at home or in Florida (like we did last summer when she was 6 months old).

Yes, the nightclub was right off the promenade area and was open during the day, no problems using it. There was a private party one late afternoon. Another area that is good for the little ones to run around is the "secret decks" in the front of the ship, plus there is a stairwell that is hardly used they can climb up and down on.

I felt comfortable with leaving my son in Camp-they had a lot of toys to play with and the counselors were very nice. There were very few kids there during these hours. I was exhausted at night and went to bed early, so I never used the night camp!

You will have a great time-no cooking, cleaning, etc! If you can get a balcony cabin I highly recommend it-you can have a separate "room" to go to when your child is napping/sleeping. Bring extra dipaers and wipes and any supplies you don't want to run out of!

Thanks for all the info you have given. We are looking on going on a cruise next month just wondering do they take 7 month olds in camp carnival. How would you rate your cruise with your little did you find most fellow passangers were easy going with kids on board and ideally was there many little one's on board

Yes, Camp Carnival will babysit for a fee during certain hours. On the first day of your cruise go to the orientation for Camp Carnival and ask for the Under 2 information. You can bring your child on sea days from 8-10AM and play with them in the area or drop-off for a fee.

I did not see an overwhelming number of young kids or infants. The Captain's twin son and daughter who were about my son's age were in Camp a few times with my son. I did see some younger infants around 7 or 8 months old. Everyone was very nice to my son! The only problems I had were rowdy neighbors making noise in the hallways at 3AM, annoying people slamming doors etc. It made nap time and bedtime a challenge.

Yes, Camp Carnival will babysit for a fee during certain hours. On the first day of your cruise go to the orientation for Camp Carnival and ask for the Under 2 information. You can bring your child on sea days from 8-10AM and play with them in the area or drop-off for a fee.

I did not see an overwhelming number of young kids or infants. The Captain's twin son and daughter who were about my son's age were in Camp a few times with my son. I did see some younger infants around 7 or 8 months old. Everyone was very nice to my son! The only problems I had were rowdy neighbors making noise in the hallways at 3AM, annoying people slamming doors etc. It made nap time and bedtime a challenge.

If you don't mind me asking how did you get from the Airport to the cruise with your little one. We are just wondering if we need to bring a car seat as we have heard that if you go by motor coach you don't have to.

I brought his car seat and took a cab. I did not want to wait around for the Carnival shuttle bus. Yes, it is true that you don't need a car seat for a bus, but I just didn't feel like waiting for the bus to fill up, etc. with a cranky toddler!

I brought his car seat and took a cab. I did not want to wait around for the Carnival shuttle bus. Yes, it is true that you don't need a car seat for a bus, but I just didn't feel like waiting for the bus to fill up, etc. with a cranky toddler!

That makes sense I am thinking in the long run we will do the same. Over all how do you rate the cruise with the little one any issues at dinner in the dining room or in the shows.

The only issues in the dining room where how long it took between courses. I did Your Time Dining and got there most nights at 5:45, but it still took forever to get served. I did not take my son to any shows-I don't think he would have enjoyed them and I tried to adhere to his bedtime as best as I could. I can't say I would cruise again during Spring Break with my son-too much rowdiness and drunken antics! We made the best of it and had a lot of fun!

Archived