Catholic Priest on board RCCL Oasis?

the ship has a very nice chapel that they can use for that purpose. They would be a paying guest.

Oasis Chapel converted to suites during the dry dock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Edited by idamae3218

Was on Oasis on 2012. No Protestant services listed in Compass. Was very disappointed. Has that changed? Going back on her this summer.

as a general rule only High Holy days have a better than 0% chance at having member of clergy on board to conduct services. at all other times, ONLY if a guest on board is willing offer their expertise.

Was on Oasis on 2012. No Protestant services listed in Compass. Was very disappointed. Has that changed? Going back on her this summer.

As I mentioned in post 42, the non-denominational service now consists of a video presentation in the theater, usually Joel Osteen.

I just want to update that I got an e-mail response from AOS-USA regarding this issue. AOS-USA confirms that there should be a priest onboard the Oasis for the said Easter week voyage, who will say mass every day.

I hope this helps other people planning to book a cruise.

From my personal Jewish experience.....all Jewish services that have been conducted on board a Royal ship, that I know of, have been 'passenger led' in an area provided by Royal. I was on board during Chanukah, several years ago, and Royal provided a room, and had the time for services listed on the Cruise Compass, and provided some very nice 'holiday food treats'. All the guests participating had a very nice time, and the guests conducted the services, not one of them was a rabbi. They did not provide a rabbi as leader NOR prayer books. I also know that for Shabbat services on Friday or Saturday morning, Royal will provide a room for services, but nothing more. So the service is either done from memory of the lay leader, or using printed material that the lay leader/passenger had brought.

I would not expect Royal to provide a priest nor the written material for any service.....but that would be my expectation, based on my own experience.

There are always Rabbis on board during the High Holy Days, Chanukah and Passover. Any other time, services are lead by volunteers and RCCL provides prayer books, challah, wine and Shabbat (battery operated) candles. We have been on several cruises where staff did lead services. Otherwise, it is up to the passengers.

Oasis Chapel converted to suites during the dry dock.

We renewed our vows in the Adventure chapel last September, and I'm sure the staff member who conducted the ceremony told us that chapel was being converted into guest rooms. Such a shame as it was a lovely peaceful spot.

Sent from my iPad using Forums