Drinks prices?

rainbowhays

• 2 weeks later...

Drink prices are reasonable and even more so at the rolling happy hours they provide. For our latest cruise it was 5-6pm and 9-10pm in the Crow's Nest and 7-8pm Ocean Bar. Ocean Bar Happy Hour was "Buy one drink, receive the second for just $1 on selected drinks." Had a few before dinner sherries and Side Cars with that deal. Look for these in the daily Explorer.

As to entertaining bartenders... we went to the "Mixology" class in the Crow's Nest for the first time this cruise and it was a hoot. Nick and Raffy entertained and educated and the drinks ranged from interesting to fantastic. The class was on sea days in the early afternoon, again listed in the Explorer. The $12.50 per person cost is totally mitigated by the drinks you get to sample. Plus, with the drink raffle, we all got one fancy cocktail as well.

I can't speak to a bartender entertaining me--though a few had some silly jokes. They were quick to smile and laugh. Someone who spent more time near or at the bar can help you better about this.

Drinks were $5.95 and up. Happy hour in the Ocean Bar and Crow's Nest and Lido bars on the Westerdam meant buy one drink, second $1. Both the same and delivered at the same time. You can simply say "make it a double" to get one drink, with twice the alcohol (say, a gin and tonic). In the crow's Nest at the late happy hour (10 PM to 11 PM) I was delivered two beers, neither open. So, I brought one back to have the next day (on ice in the room). Just wasn't up to two beers and forgot it was happy hour!

A gin and tonic was about $6.95 and a glass of port $5.95 or so.

Well, the house white chardonnay, (Santa Carolina), on my recent 16-Day Caribbean cruise, onboard the Noordam, was $4.50 + 15% = $5.18 at the Lido Pool Bar! ;) The same glass of wine cost $5.00 + 15% in the MDR at dinner! :(

As to entertaining bartenders... we went to the "Mixology" class in the Crow's Nest for the first time this cruise and it was a hoot. Nick and Raffy entertained and educated and the drinks ranged from interesting to fantastic. The class was on sea days in the early afternoon, again listed in the Explorer. The $12.50 per person cost is totally mitigated by the drinks you get to sample. Plus, with the drink raffle, we all got one fancy cocktail as well.

The mixology classes are great. I try to never miss them. They usually draw in some characters as well as bring out the fun in the bartender.

Archived