Drinks prices?

rainbowhays

I can't speak to a bartender entertaining me--though a few had some silly jokes. They were quick to smile and laugh. Someone who spent more time near or at the bar can help you better about this.

Drinks were $5.95 and up. Happy hour in the Ocean Bar and Crow's Nest and Lido bars on the Westerdam meant buy one drink, second $1. Both the same and delivered at the same time. You can simply say "make it a double" to get one drink, with twice the alcohol (say, a gin and tonic). In the crow's Nest at the late happy hour (10 PM to 11 PM) I was delivered two beers, neither open. So, I brought one back to have the next day (on ice in the room). Just wasn't up to two beers and forgot it was happy hour!

A gin and tonic was about $6.95 and a glass of port $5.95 or so.

Celeb charges more for everything bit less for cabins.

First your OJ will be free, movies on tv free, grilled sanwitches..free,

mix drinks with bar stock and wine are $4.50. ... Celeb $6.50:cool: as I recall

But best of all you will be on a ship with 1500 to 1000 less people and no absurd lawn!! It will feel line a ship with walk around the ship decks and an aft pool.instead of an ant farm of cabins..

Does it get any better?

Can't speak to Celebrity but just came off the Oosterdam where the mixed drinks ($5.95-$6.95) were delicious but seemingly bereft of alcohol. :eek:

Drink prices are comparable to prices in any major US city, in a downtown restaurant/bar.

We drink Grey Goose. On HAL it is $6.95 for barely an ounce.

At home -- we get Grey Goose in our restaurants for $7.50 -- a full 3 ounces.

Big difference.

That was in November... last yr. for a Vodka seven ( bar stock) Not Call which was $6.95. You can buy Smirnoff ltr. for $23.00 to dring in your cabin... as an option.

You cant do this on Celeb... no sir ..no way..nickel and dime, all the time.

Well the wine was not Petrus.:cool:... good chardonnay NV ,wine.. $4.50.

I'm not sure about the strength of mix drinks because I do not usually drink them. If I order a drink at a bar, its usually going to be a neat pour of single malt or Grey Goose, Patron or Chivas Regal on the rocks. Most of the bartenders on HAL give you a fairly good poor when you order liquor neat or on the rocks. I agree, the Mojitos and all the foo-foos seem to be pretty weak from the few that I have tasted.

You must be visiting the wrong bartender or not tipping him well. :D:D

We visit the various bars the first couple of days -- try to get to know them -- doesn't seem to make any difference.

We don't tip until the end of a segment of a cruise.

We had a weird experience on one ship -- usually the bar tenders change every couple of weeks -- but this time they were changing every couple of days. Don't know what that was all about.

I'm not sure about the strength of mix drinks because I do not usually drink them. If I order a drink at a bar, its usually going to be a neat pour of single malt or Grey Goose, Patron or Chivas Regal on the rocks. Most of the bartenders on HAL give you a fairly good poor when you order liquor neat or on the rocks. I agree, the Mojitos and all the foo-foos seem to be pretty weak from the few that I have tasted.

Still looking for good bar tenders like we used to have.

We always order on the rocks as well.

We watched them one time making pig pictures of the Mojitos for a sail-away party. Not much alcohol went into those drinks.

When on the Westerdam, go to the Ocean Bar and ask Alvin to mix his "special martini" for you. Be prepared to ask for a second one......be prepared when you get the bill, but worth every penny

The bar tenders do not work the same bar all the time. They change about every 14 days if it is a 7 day cruise.

Archived