Do you like a bad day on a cruise?

cruisenanny

I guess it all depends on the definition of bad. If it is truly bad; not the bacon is soft, there are chair hogs or it rained today; then I would rather have a good day at work. Although I have yet to experience a bad day of cruising. *knocks on wood*

I agree. For me a "bad" day on a cruise would be something horrible, like being shut in my room with a bad case of norovirus, a serious injury, fire, or tragic case like what happened on Concordia. So based upon that, i would rather be at work.

I've had a bad cruise before, it was mostly due to poor planning on my part and I take responsibility. Before I discovered Cruise Critic I did not realize how much research needed to be done prior to booking. I assumed that a room that held 5 people would have 5 beds and would be larger that a typical cabin. So I booked 4, yes 4, adults and 1 child in an interior cabin. DH, me, adult son, 8 yr old daughter & daughter's grandmother. There were the two bunk beds, a large bed for DH & me and then a 4 inch high pallet on the floor for grandma. She refused to climb up onto a bunk bed and I didn't think it appropriate for her to sleep with DH. DH refused to sleep on the floor. I didn't realize that the king bed could be separated into 2 twins or else I would have done that and allowed grandma to have a bed while I slept on the pallet.

No one slept very well because of the bed situation and also because grandma discovered the chili on the first, second and third days during lunch. Enough said. Also, grandma did not want to leave my side at all for the entire freaking week! If I went to get a drink she went too. If I left my deck chair to go to the ladies room, she went in the next stall. I was never so glad to get home from vacation!!!

nope. i prefer no bad anywhere, but if a bad day on a cruise was better than a good day at work, i'd be out looking for another job.

Agree 100%

I try to enjoy every day I have. Be it here at work or on a cruise, it's simply different things to do and different things to see.

Try going on vacation permanently in your mind and work and everything else is a little more enjoyable.

No cruises booked but I am looking forward to some summer balcony drinks with the DW and a good cigar!

Do you like a BAD day on a cruise better than a GOOD day at work?? I see a lot of people here say this. Is it just a saying, or do some of you really mean it?:(

I LOVE what I do everyday and cruising is just a part of the life I love, not an escape from daily drudgery.

Luckily I can say I have never really had a BAD day on a cruise, but if I ever do I am sure it will be far worse than a good day at work!:p

I cannot conceptualize a bad day on a cruise, unless it involves a massive fire or worse in which case I'd rather be anywhere else.

Rough weather? I spent 3 years on a flat-bottomed LST, rough weather doesn't bother me.

Rude staff? Eh, as long as they bring me what I've ordered, I'm good- it's not about them anyway.

Bad food? I am happy eating hamburgers and hot dogs if nothing else is available, in other words I will always find something to eat.

Bad tablemates? Only have to deal with them once a day, I've dealt with worse for longer.

Sewage smell? The base I was stationed with in Iceland was next to a fertilizer factory that turned fish into fertilizer and the smell was ever present. If I can put up with that for a year....

Bad entertainment? My legs work and I can always find something else to do, even if it's only watch the ocean go by.

I do like my job but I would take a bad day on a cruise any day because there are probably 6 other good days involved:D.

I guess it all depends on the definition of bad. If it is truly bad; not the bacon is soft, there are chair hogs or it rained today; then I would rather have a good day at work. Although I have yet to experience a bad day of cruising. *knocks on wood*

I sincerely hope that you haven't just cursed us!:eek:;)

Do you like a BAD day on a cruise better than a GOOD day at work?? I see a lot of people here say this. Is it just a saying, or do some of you really mean it?:(

I LOVE what I do everyday and cruising is just a part of the life I love, not an escape from daily drudgery.

Luckily I can say I have never really had a BAD day on a cruise, but if I ever do I am sure it will be far worse than a good day at work!:p

I've not read the responses (I'm sure I will at some point when I have time) so I may be repeating what someone else has said, but I thinkI would like a bad day on a cruise ship (not had one so can't say for certain) better than a good day at work! Assuming by bad day we're talking about weather - even on a bad day on a cruise ship, there are still games you can be a part of, you can still sip coffee or a DOD and watch the world go by, there is still great food to be had, etc. Even on my best days at work, I don't have a DOD, I don't have games at my leisure (office politics don't count) and I can't sit and stare out the window and do nothing for an hour. I mean, I guess I could but that wouldn't go over well with my bosses! :D

When I have a good day at work that means other people are having a great day. When I have a bad day at work then other people are having a really really bad day.

I guess it is like Bill Clinton it really depends on what the difinition of "is" is.:D

I guess it depends.

A person would really need to see what it was like to be on a bad cruise.

One cruise it was soo bad I could not wait to get off that ship. Yes, I woulda preferred working.

Another cruise it rained almost every day-- it was NOT a bad cruise and we enjoyed it to the max

Can the Concordia sinking please end this cliche once and for all please?

Yes that would be easy to put "bad" and "cruise" in the same thought. Same with the Splendor fiasco. Actually a whole week of bad weather would make me want to be back at work.

Archived