Back from the Epic, my opinion

njsonja

I've never cruised in a suite but I can only dream. I've heard it's hard to go back to a regular cabin. I think you truly missed the suite experience.

Most of my cabins are balconies. I have sailed in just an oceanview .... people usually say once you have the balcony you can't go back. I'm not sure I agree with that. I book them now because my husband enjoys them .... honestly, I can take it or leave it. My daughter's high school graduation present is going to be a Med cruise. Maybe we will splurge for the suite then and see if it lives up to all of the hype ;)

But I sailed on the Pride of Aloha and Celebrity Horizon and disliked both of those ships and it was a problem with service on both. But I made the best if the issues we had and still had a good time and actually laugh at it today. You CAN dislike a cruise ship- but still make the best of it.

I agree. I did not enjoy my first and only Carnival cruise at all. Well, I enjoyed the cruise - I didn't enjoy Carnival. It's kinda hard not to have fun on a cruise - but I can definitely understand saying "never again".

Have you sailed in a suite before? I could never see wasting the money .... while I enjoy fine hotels, I just can't see how much of an upgrade it could actually be on a cruise ship. I dunno - maybe I should try it?!

Especially on a ship like EPIC, the suites make a huge difference. The courtyard, POSH, the Epic Club, and the services....combine to really create a small-ship / high touch feel, while being within minutes of all the amenities associated with a mega-ship.

That said, my next 3 are all booked in suites... :rolleyes:

i have been on many many cruises over the years on many lines....I will never sail this ship again....this is merely my experience: a state of the art ship and no internet in the rooms? the signal wasn't strong enough and the girl at the internet cafe said it just cannot happen with the amount of bandwidth they have...in the meantime, the chair hogging situation was insane; if you didn't have a balcony or a posh pass or a spa suite/pass, it felt like a submarine...there was no outside except upstairs...; muffins were not to be had at TASTE for breakfast??? seriously? they split us up when we went to the shows, my dad had a scooter/wheelchair and we couldn't all go in at the same time....I understand that you had to wear long pants in the main dining room...what happened to Freestyle? They sent my 87 year old dad back to his room to change into long pants...c'mon...

These are really not important in the scheme of things...but this ship is just not my thing....she is beautiful inside, but not what I am looking for...

have a blast,

s

Sorry to hear your cruise was a let down. I don't have any real wish right now to sail on the Epic just from what I have learned on CC, but I still love NCL. From what I understand she is one of a kind. Every ship is not for everyone, I guess thats why there so many out there.

My only response to the issues you had is age really has nothing to do with following policies, so it's too bad your father did not know or read what the policy was before going to dinner.

I hope your next cruise is one that fits you and you can totally enjoy, I guess you can chock this one up to experience and have happier sailing days in the future.

Archived