Sapphire E730 vs D400 Help!

pwc115

Cruising to Alaska at end of May and have the opportunity to upgrade from D400 to Vista Suite E730. E730 is aft and I was hoping to get some opinions on the pros or cons of the aft balcony vs the side balcony on an Alaska cruise. We had an aft balcony on a Carnival ship once and didn't like it because it was partially covered and we kept getting things dropped on us from above. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!

Cruising to Alaska at end of May and have the opportunity to upgrade from D400 to Vista Suite E730. E730 is aft and I was hoping to get some opinions on the pros or cons of the aft balcony vs the side balcony on an Alaska cruise. We had an aft balcony on a Carnival ship once and didn't like it because it was partially covered and we kept getting things dropped on us from above. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!
Vista Suite for several reasons: the suite amenities (http://www.princess.com/html/global/popups/metas/suite.html), the suite amenities, and the suite amenities. Did I mention the suite amenities? What's not to like about unlimited laundry, unlimited Internet, breakfast in Sabatini's, Anytime dining reservation preference, etc.? Plus, the much larger cabin, and it's aft. The suite balcony will be covered but the D400 standard mini-suite balcony will be completely uncovered and viewable by every cabin above. There's a big difference in cabin layout between a full suite like the Vista Suite and a mini-suite, which is really a "superior verandah balcony cabin." Unlikely you'll get anything thrown at you (it's been years since that's happened to me) but if the weather is rainy or drizzly, you'll want the covered balcony. Besides, you'll have a great view from the aft balcony.

Pam forgot to mention the suite amenities.:p

Take the Vista suite - we had one on Sapphire Princess a couple of years ago and loved it. It's almost completely private (the cabin next door can peek around the divider at you) and the views are amazing.

I am not a fan of aft cabins at all. BUT...the suite amenities are enough to overcome my personal prejudices. Plus, on an Alaska itinerary, having a covered balcony isn't a bad thing. Usually, I prefer the wide open feel of Dolphin cabins. But Alaska can be rainy or misty from time to time.

Archived