LA to Hawaii, return - weather - how cool is "cool"?

crazy4elton

We'll be sailing on a 14 night Princess cruise to Hawaii later this month. I've read numerous posts from people who have sailed to Hawaii from L.A., round trip, and all have commented about the "cool" weather the first two days out, and the last two days back, caused by the ocean currents. I'd like to get a sense of what to expect. I'm disappointed that 4 days of my precious vacation will not be warm. How cool is "cool" ? Is it comfortable enough to be outside on deck, but not warm enough to swim? Or does the cold temperature drive people indoors? Should I expect temperatures in the 60's? or 50's? I know that weather is a fickle thing, and certainly not an exact science, but I'm curious. I've yet to see a posting saying that those 4 days are balmy and warm. Thank you to all who may be able to answer my question.

March 14 - 28, 2012 = Too cool for MUTS at night, too cool for outdoor pool with a temp of 78 degrees F, especially if breeze blowing. Not too cool for sitting or walking, or in "protected from the wind" hot tubs---just have towel handy.

Many people thought that the entire 14 days would be 80s and sunny with no wind. They only brought shorts. They did not bring a sweater/sweatshirt. They thought wrong. It was cool in Los Angeles before and after, too.

Check weather.com before you finish packing. Be prepared and you will have a wonderful time like we did.

Temps could be down in the 40's at night - up to 60's or 70's during the day. This is a chilly time of year in so. Cal.

Just bring a light jacket and you'll be fine.

Have a great cruise!

~ Liz

Archived