Does Serenity area allow women to sunbath topless?

rydan

OP, go to pastease dot com dot au

They have a variety of peel & stick waterproof swimwear. Mainly just stick on nipple covers. They come in a nice variety of designs.

This way you can tan without lines and still fit within the guidelines of what Carnival says is permissible.

PS: they also work great for low-cut tops and dresses.

:)

Have a great cruise.

they used to, but no longer. which is good as most areas can be seen from other areas of the ship and no one wants to have their kids get an eye full.

There was no way any kids could "get an eyeful" on the topless deck unless they passed the sign that said adults only and climbed the steps up to the funnel deck area, there was a wall around it on the ship part and the open area was to to sea.

As long as parents watched their kids they wouldn't see anything.

It wasn't perversion going on up there, simply sunbathing, so the worst your child would see is a boob, which they see on tv if they watch after 9pm anyway.

I think the whole thing is to teach the children the body isn't "dirty" breasts have a purpose.

Sorry off my soap box.

Carole

To the OP: I'm sure that when you first posted your question, you had no idea it would generate the type and number of responses you have received (5 pages so far). I think it was a fair and legitimate question, and really should have either been answered "yes, you may" or "no, it would not be allowed", without all of the additional comments. There are are certain topics that are guaranteed to bring out the trolls, the flamers, and those that want to impose their own set of rules for everyone else on the cruise ship. In no particular order, those topics are: Smoking, how to dress for dinner in the MDR, what you may or may not do on your own balcony, and, obviously, topless sunbathing. And the ongoing discussions about chair hogs will be around as long as there are cruise ships. But as to your question, I'm sure by now you've come to realize that there are a certain number of people that, because they are uncomfortable in their own skin, think that everyone else should remain covered up, preferably from the neck down, at all times. It's amazing that, even now, in the 21st century, with all of the efforts being made towards having people be more open-minded and accepting of others based on religion, ethnicity, and life-style choices, so many still have such Victorian beliefs about the human body. I'm not sure if there will ever come a time in our society when a woman's exposed breasts will be as readily acceptible as someone's exposed arms or legs.

Based on this post you must believe that genitals are fine for public display also.

I think Serenity should be top optional

And for all you moms not wanting your son to look @ boobs look under his mattress:eek:;)

So very true . . . Don't all of us guys owe a debt to Hugh Hefner ? :D

Based on this post you must believe that genitals are fine for public display also.

Why not? I don't think all tribal people grow up to be perverts.

Do you think statutes should sport fig leaves?

I undid the back of my bikini while laying face-down and no one complained or looked shocked, and even kids didn't notice. So you can probably get a nice even tan on your back but unfortunately it seems that our boobs are too offensive so no even tanning on the frontside.

How do they fit down there without lumps in mattress?icon7.gif

You spread them out;)

So very true . . . Don't all of us guys owe a debt to Hugh Hefner ? :D

Yes We DO:D

Why not? I don't think all tribal people grow up to be perverts.

Do you think statutes should sport fig leaves?

No, I don't think statues, not statutes, should sport fig leaves, any more than I think animals should wear clothes. We are speaking about humans here, aren't we? Mention was made of people being Victorian, You could also look at it as just having a bit of class. Why do some people think it's a treat to expose themselves to others?

No, I don't think statues, not statutes, should sport fig leaves, any more than I think animals should wear clothes. We are speaking about humans here, aren't we? Mention was made of people being Victorian, You could also look at it as just having a bit of class. Why do some people think it's a treat to expose themselves to others?

Excuse my typo because I'm sure you have never made one.

People think it's a treat to expose themselves for the shock value. If we weren't so hung about about a naked body part, I'm sure they'd dress in snowsuits for the same thrill.

I undid the back of my bikini while laying face-down and no one complained or looked shocked, and even kids didn't notice. So you can probably get a nice even tan on your back but unfortunately it seems that our boobs are too offensive so no even tanning on the frontside.

Honestly, on a hot sea day I bet half the women on deck are facedown with their backs unlaced, or on their back with the top pulled all the way down to just cover the nips. DW and I usually sit up top away from the pool area where it's mainly adults, there are almost always some ladies either out or close to it. One girl next to use took her top off but layed on her stomach so she was somewhat hidden, put her elbows up and read here kindle for an hour. No big deal, and NEVER seen anyone get 'talked to' by ship staff. Do what you feel.

Honestly, on a hot sea day I bet half the women on deck are facedown with their backs unlaced, or on their back with the top pulled all the way down to just cover the nips. DW and I usually sit up top away from the pool area where it's mainly adults, there are almost always some ladies either out or close to it. One girl next to use took her top off but layed on her stomach so she was somewhat hidden, put her elbows up and read here kindle for an hour. No big deal, and NEVER seen anyone get 'talked to' by ship staff. Do what you feel.

It should really be your own comfort level. I mean you will have everything from the randy spring break gang encouraging topless tanning to the prudish mothers who will undoubtedly jump on the boards to post how some rude woman had the audacity to tan topless and her poor kids (who clearly dont know what the internet is) were exposed to such displays. In the end I say use your own discretion. Pick an area of the ship with low traffic and away from children and do what you like. But I'd advise against laying topless on your back... Probably get tooooo much attention.

ROFLOL

these boards are amazing

some people here don't know the "history" of Carnival....that yes, it used to have a topless deck up by the funnel

however, the short/correct answer right now...non judgmental is that no Carnival no longer has a topless deck

Now...I saw some (european) gals topless on NCL sky (discrete)

and some topless (European/French Canadian?) women topless on MSC...which does not even have an adult pool area but is an Italian line

MSC has beautiful tiled steam room and sauna ( women only) and a men only sauna/steam and a sign "absolutely NO full nudity, must wear bottoms" LOL

more women were topless there.

Excuse my typo because I'm sure you have never made one.

People think it's a treat to expose themselves for the shock value. If we weren't so hung about about a naked body part, I'm sure they'd dress in snowsuits for the same thrill.

I disagree (and BTW I'm not a topless tanner, never have been) but some women like the feel of the sun on their bodies, or perhaps they want to get a tan that they can wear different tops with, some are different types of plunge maybe???

Whatever the reason it's their body.

One of the biggest complaints of the funnel deck was when a perv would come to do nothing but come there to ooggle.

Not ever person feels that a naked body is a dirty thing. In fact some of the greatest artists painted or sculpted the human body as a thing of beauty, not perversion.

I think there are some that will expose for shock value, but I think the biggest number are doing it for the sensation of sun on their bodies.

JMO, Carole

I disagree (and BTW I'm not a topless tanner, never have been) but some women like the feel of the sun on their bodies, or perhaps they want to get a tan that they can wear different tops with, some are different types of plunge maybe???

Whatever the reason it's their body.

One of the biggest complaints of the funnel deck was when a perv would come to do nothing but come there to ooggle.

Not ever person feels that a naked body is a dirty thing. In fact some of the greatest artists painted or sculpted the human body as a thing of beauty, not perversion.

I think there are some that will expose for shock value, but I think the biggest number are doing it for the sensation of sun on their bodies.

JMO, Carole

If you read back a few posts you would see that I was pro nudity:) Which is funny because I'd rather wear a burka than go nude in public. I have no problems with other people in their natural state.

OP, I am going to help you out with this one. While there is no rule that says you can go topless in the serenity area, I do not recall seeing a rule that says you cannot...(I could have missed this and I am sure someone will let me know, but don't really care either as you will see later in my post I have found the solution for this...)

Now, it looks as if you are on the Miracle. It seems that the waterslide looks directly down onto the Serenity Area on this ship...now, if you had a clamshell that faced backwards toward the aft, I cannot see that any children would be able to see you, not that some others might not try to sneak a peek.

I am with you on most of this...if it is an adults only area, and there is no way for kids to see you, then you should be able to tan without your top...I don't mind tan lines, but they look horrible in a strapless dress.

So, my suggestion to you is to go to boobybling dot com and you will find a wide assortment that you can buy to match your bathing suit bottoms, I don't think it is the actual breast that is shocking for some to see but the nipple kind of throws people off...

With that being said, if others don't want to SEE your breasts, they don't have to LOOK. As long as the nipple is covered, no one can do anything about it as it isn't considered EXPOSED at that point.

If you cruise in Europe you can cruise topless.

And to sum up the rest and I KNOW I am going to get flamed for this...it is not ALL of society that has a problem with this. I have found that most of the people against this topless sunbathing debate are either older or middle aged women that would not go topless themselves; some aren't secure enough to do it, some were raised to not think it is appropriate BUT I am betting MOST don't want it because they don't want their husbands to see other women topless... (And I am not using the whole kids/family thing for this because this is assuming this were on a Serenity area that the kids could not see down into)

OP, if you are respectful in what you do, than others should respect you back, and you seem like you are as you seem concerned enough to ask and not just do it...and if people don't like it, there are other places on the ship that either you, or they could go...

Enjoy your cruise....the Miracle is AWESOME!!!

If you read back a few posts you would see that I was pro nudity:) Which is funny because I'd rather wear a burka than go nude in public. I have no problems with other people in their natural state.

A burka? Yuck.

Amazed and would have thought the biggest cause that woman would fight for is enslavement in the Arab countries.

Archived