Guarantee cabin

GillCC

Anyone know when cabin numbers get released? We are sailing on Monday and still no number in the personaliser. Others on our roll call and booked guarantee have their cabin numbers already. Is it usual for it to be this late?

Ours was assigned a few days after we booked ,6 weeks before the cruise ,upgraded last week and I have just checked again and we have been upgraded again to an A1 :D so I guess it wouldn't matter what room you could have been assigned as they can keep changing it until last minute . It's a bit like an Xmas present ;)

I have just checked again and we have been upgraded again to an A1 :D so I guess it wouldn't matter what room you could have been assigned as they can keep changing it until last minute . It's a bit like an Xmas present ;)

I keep checking for another upgrade as well. 3 months to go, I might be lucky !

We have found that the later you get a cabin allocation (for a guarantee fare) - the better!!!

For an around the World cruise on P&O Oriana we got upgraded 9 grades from the lowest interior to a deluxe exterior :) - cabin allocation came 3 days before departure. Here's the cabin we got http://ukagain2010.blogspot.com.au/2010/11/cabin.html

We have no cabin allocation yet for our short QM2 cruise - and I understand the ship is booked out for the Queens Jubilee. :D

Barry

Anyone know when cabin numbers get released? We are sailing on Monday and still no number in the personaliser. Others on our roll call and booked guarantee have their cabin numbers already. Is it usual for it to be this late?

Hi GillCC. Wow, that is exciting (albeit painful!). Yes, in my experience it is unusual for your cabin not to be assigned this close to voyage date. Just a suggestion, but print out your luggage tags before your voyage personalizer is locked out (although you can get luggage tags at the port, at some ports it's not always that simple depending on security.)

Anyway, you know you will be assigned at least the category you booked, or better. I'd be very interested in how in works out for you. I hope you get a wonderful cabin and have a very enjoyable voyage.

Best wishes,

Salacia

Phone and ask Cunard direct.

We've had guarantee allocations many weeks before sailing. But for our next voyage, our TA told us what our cabin number was by post about 2 weeks ago; however, we still haven't heard anything from Cunard and we can't print even a guarantee e-ticket on line. I'll be chasing 2 weeks before sailing. I suspect they are not quite on the ball sometimes.

Archived