Priceline.com

I've used them. Keep in mind that if you book with them their rates are non-cancleable and can not be refunded. If you are sure that's where you want to stay and you aren't going to want to cancel I'd say go with it!

do note that the priceline has control of your booking and any questions/comments has to be made thru them. Some hotels are like the cruise line and will not talk to you directly and will tell you to contact your booking party (ta)

do note that the priceline has control of your booking and any questions/comments has to be made thru them. Some hotels are like the cruise line and will not talk to you directly and will tell you to contact your booking party (ta)

If I've read this right, the OP is talking about a hotel room. I don't see where Carnival is involved at all.

Make sure to educate yourself first on free rebids, likely properties, etc., at biddingfortravel dotcom and betterbidding dot com.

Chances are pretty high you'll be able to figure out the exact property, and what to bid successfully (and how to bid succesfully).

My first and last time using that "name your own price" place, they put me in a room that hasn't seen any cleaning in quite a while. I uploaded it on youtube, look for "My room at the Doubletree By Hilton Toronto Airport". As they always say, you get what you paid for...:(

My first and last time using that "name your own price" place, they put me in a room that hasn't seen any cleaning in quite a while. I uploaded it on youtube, look for "My room at the Doubletree By Hilton Toronto Airport". As they always say, you get what you paid for...:(

I always book through Priceline for personal trips, and while I have been placed in less desirable rooms (next to elevator, looking at the back alley, unrenovated for example), they are, for the most part, clean, well maintained and furnished just like other rooms in the hotel. If your room was dirty, I suspect it is a hotel wide maintenance problem and not because you booked through Priceline. You can be a walk-in paying rack rate and the room will still be dirty.

I always book through Priceline for personal trips, and while I have been placed in less desirable rooms (next to elevator, looking at the back alley, unrenovated for example), they are, for the most part, clean, well maintained and furnished just like other rooms in the hotel. If your room was dirty, I suspect it is a hotel wide maintenance problem and not because you booked through Priceline. You can be a walk-in paying rack rate and the room will still be dirty.

Agreed. We have stayed at the most upscale hotels in our life using priceline while paying rather inexpensive rates.

If I've read this right, the OP is talking about a hotel room. I don't see where Carnival is involved at all.

I think you misread him. . He is saying if you have issues, you cant call the hotel. you have to call Priceline.

Well thats what I got from it anyway. Not sure how you got Carnival from that but then again I could have read it wrong as well but I don't think they mentioned Carnival at all in their post.

Has anyone reserved a hotel room using priceline.com? I was just on their website and the hotel I'm looking to reserve is much cheaper on priceline than any where else. Any advice on priceline.com

I've used Priceline many times, but before I go to priceline, I go to http://www.biddingfortravel.com and I can see what people are bidding and what they're getting.

It gives you a good idea of what to bid, if that's what you want to do. Take a look. ;)

I've used Priceline many times, but before I go to priceline, I go to http://www.biddingfortravel.com and I can see what people are bidding and what they're getting.

It gives you a good idea of what to bid, if that's what you want to do. Take a look. ;)

I don't think the OP is going to be bidding for a hotel but just purchasing through Priceline.

I say that because the OP said that the hotel they are looking to reserve on Priceline was cheaper than elsewhere.

If bidding there is no way of knowing what hotel you are getting until your bis is accepted.

Bill

I think you misread him. . He is saying if you have issues, you cant call the hotel. you have to call Priceline.

Well thats what I got from it anyway. Not sure how you got Carnival from that but then again I could have read it wrong as well but I don't think they mentioned Carnival at all in their post.

I think they were asking why it was posted under the Carnival Topic...

I think they were asking why it was posted under the Carnival Topic...

I was guessing the OP a carnival cruiser and couldn't find the hotel section of CC.

I dont think its bad to ask such questions here though. The mods will move it I am sure if they feel the need.

I've used it twice. I did the "name your own price" rather than booking their rate, since that worked out to be a better deal. Either way, make sure to read the fine print - most, if not all, of the rates require advanced payment and are non-refundable. If you don't get the option to choose what type of room it is, don't expect anything more than a standard. You can request something else and sometimes, the hotel will upgrade you but they don't have to.

I've used them for years to book hotel rooms under "name your own price" and have always gotten great hotels for great prices. You pick your area and the stars and the price, so you're actually controlling your booking--they just pick the hotel. And, as other posters have said, if you do your research, you can kind of figure out the hotels. One other thing--- I've never had any problems contacting the hotel directly for anything after I booked through Priceline. They've always been more than happy to talk with me. Happy bidding!

I've used priceline when traveling by myself, but you can't request separate beds, so when I travel with my friend, I don't use them.

Rooms have always been comparable to any hotels I book myself, at very reasonable rates.

As other posters said, just know you can't cancel and they are non-refundable.

I always use Priceline or Hotwire as sometimes there are really good deals. If sharing with another person I then email the hotel and request a non smoking room and two beds. Have never had a problem getting two beds yet.

Sometimes I even ask for a room with a view etc if one is available.

Often end up going back to the same hotels even.

I only had a bad experience once and that was in New York and the hotel did give me a partial refund.

When I book a hotel through Priceline, I never deal with them again with that booking. I always call the hotel to make my requests.

OP: I love Priceline! Have used them many times with great results.

I don't think the OP is going to be bidding for a hotel but just purchasing through Priceline.

I say that because the OP said that the hotel they are looking to reserve on Priceline was cheaper than elsewhere.

If bidding there is no way of knowing what hotel you are getting until your bis is accepted.

Bill

I see what you're saying. I just thought it somehow was tied to this Carnival forum. I assumed too much.

Having stayed at that particular hotel without using Priceline, I can support this statement.

Archived