Pacific Coast on the Wonder in May

izziebee

Hi everyone, wondering if anyone has any experience with the Pacific Coast cruise in May? I am considering going on 14May aboard the Wonder due to a good deal I can get through work and am wondering what the weather will be like and if we'll have enough to keep us all entertained if it is too cold for pool activities. We have a 2 year old and while we have never cruised with him we have cruised in the Caribbean a few times but always in really nice, warm weather. The idea of weather in the 60s kinda scares me, especially with a 2 year old. Will we have enough to do that can keep him and us entertained? I know that a Disney cruise is way different for kids than say a Royal Car. or Princess (which is what we are used to) so I assume we'll be okay but was hoping to hear opinions first hand. Thanks so much!!

Hi everyone, wondering if anyone has any experience with the Pacific Coast cruise in May? I am considering going on 14May aboard the Wonder due to a good deal I can get through work and am wondering what the weather will be like and if we'll have enough to keep us all entertained if it is too cold for pool activities. We have a 2 year old and while we have never cruised with him we have cruised in the Caribbean a few times but always in really nice, warm weather. The idea of weather in the 60s kinda scares me, especially with a 2 year old. Will we have enough to do that can keep him and us entertained? I know that a Disney cruise is way different for kids than say a Royal Car. or Princess (which is what we are used to) so I assume we'll be okay but was hoping to hear opinions first hand. Thanks so much!!

Yes, the weather can be a bit cool on the Pacific cruises vs the Caribbean. That said, there's plenty to do onboard. And quite a lot of indoor area, so you don't have to be out in it.

The 2 year old will be in the nursery, if you want adult time. The CMs there are quite good, from what I read. There is a charge for this (I think it's $6 per hour). The kids clubs (Oceaneers Club/Lab) have Open House hours daily, where families can come into the club and use the facilities. You must remain with your child for this.

:)

The weather in the Pacific NW can still be pretty dicey in May. I would plan on more like 50's for temps as you get further North along the coast. You might get lucky and have beautiful 70 degree days as well, but you never know.

The northbound coastal are generally rougher than going southbound due to the current that runs south along the pacific coast.

My Daughter swam when we were in Alaska. Disney heats there pools.

From DCL website:

Answer

There are 3 great Guest pools on board each ship. Goofy's Pool on the Disney Magic and the Disney Wonder and Donald's Pool on the Disney Dream invite families to play together. Another, Quiet Cove Pool, is a getaway exclusively for those 18 and over. And finally, the whimsical Mickey's Pool is reserved just for kids. Goofy's Pool has a constant depth of 4 feet; Donald's Pool drops down to 5 feet at its deepest level; Quiet Cove Pool goes to a maximum depth of 4 feet in the main pool area and Mickey's Pool has a depth of 2 feet.

All pools are heated when the water temperature drops below 75 degrees.

There are no lifeguards permanently stationed at the pools, so kids should only swim with parental supervision. Kids must be toilet trained to enter any of the pools.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived