ES rate

coops

Haven't been on Carnival in years. Interested in the ES rate. So if I book this and see a lower price on Carnival then I send in the form. What happens if the rate goes back up before the PVP checks for the lower rate that I had seen.

Just seems a little scary with the way prices go up or down in a matter of hours. That they could say we don't see that price .

Thanks for any info

Dawn

Haven't been on Carnival in years. Interested in the ES rate. So if I book this and see a lower price on Carnival then I send in the form. What happens if the rate goes back up before the PVP checks for the lower rate that I had seen.

Just seems a little scary with the way prices go up or down in a matter of hours. That they could say we don't see that price .

Thanks for any info

Dawn

They ARE able to back check the fares, and many of us take a print screen (or at least a hardcopy printout) to somewhat substantiate the claim if there's an issue. Remember that the price-match has to be for the same cruise/ship/date, the exact same Cabin Category and the exact same ## PAX in the cabin.

ken

ES is great and the issue you raised isn't a problem as previous posters have indicated.

The thing to remember about ES is that you really need to be committed before you book. If you need to cancel or change cruises after booking, it's going to cost you dearly.

Thank you so much for info. This is a dumb question how do you do a print screen? Or do you mean print it out?

Sometimes I am nowhere near a printer when I am checking online. Thanks again.

Dawn

Thank you so much for info. This is a dumb question how do you do a print screen? Or do you mean print it out?

Sometimes I am nowhere near a printer when I am checking online. Thanks again.

Dawn

use <Ctrl> <Print Screen> while on the page, then open mspaint (the cheap paint program that comes with microsoft, in accessories) and press <Ctrl> <P>.

Save the file, and you should be fine.

I have never needed the print screen to prove that the price dropped, I was told by my PVP just to make sure to send the form in ASAP, because it is based on the timestamp of the form, not a print screen you may have.

Hope that helps.

use <Ctrl> <Print Screen> while on the page, then open mspaint (the cheap paint program that comes with microsoft, in accessories) and press <Ctrl> <P>.

Save the file, and you should be fine.

I have never needed the print screen to prove that the price dropped, I was told by my PVP just to make sure to send the form in ASAP, because it is based on the timestamp of the form, not a print screen you may have.

Hope that helps.

An alternative to above is to use the SNIP Tool in windows 7 and VISTA.

ken

We always book ES unless it's too late and that option is gone. Yes, you should be pretty sure that you're going on the cruise but you're not going to lose everything if you have to cancel. You do lose $50 per person but the rest of the deposit is held by Carnival for up to a year for a future cruise. Some people find it does not work for them because there are no name changes allowed under ES. Since I'm only going to sail with my husband that is not a concern for us. You can book one person in a cabin if you're not sure who is going with you and then add the other person later but it will be at the current fare. Cancellations after final payment are the same as booking with any other fare. We do take a screen shot but we've never needed it.

When you do book ES you have to make the deposit within an hour instead of 48 hours as with a different booking option.

It's a great option for us and maybe you'll find that too.

Thanks for all the replies, when we book a cruise we plan on taking it and the only time we would cancel is in case of emergency. Would insurance still cover us should cancel for a covered reason.

This is all new to me as we usually cruise Princess and haven't been on Carnival in 10 years. But going with a group next year on Liberty.

Dawn

Thanks for all the replies, when we book a cruise we plan on taking it and the only time we would cancel is in case of emergency. Would insurance still cover us should cancel for a covered reason.

This is all new to me as we usually cruise Princess and haven't been on Carnival in 10 years. But going with a group next year on Liberty.

Dawn

Insurance would cover you if you cancel for a reason covered in the Policy. Make sure you choose a Policy that covers likely reasons that you might have to cancel for (cancel for business reasons, cancel for Milititary, Police, Fire Leave revoked, late school year.....). Look at 3rd Party Policies (CSA, TravelInsured, TravelEx) as possibly better premiums and coverage than Carnival Berkely.

ken

You do lose $50 per person but the rest of the deposit is held by Carnival for up to a year for a future cruise.

Insurance would cover you if you cancel for a reason covered in the Policy. Make sure you choose a Policy that covers likely reasons that you might have to cancel for

I don't want to hijack thread but have a hypothetical question that seems to fit in here: Let's say I book a cruise, ES, and purchase insurance. If I cancel the cruise I lose the $50 deposit and remainder of deposit is held. So, is insurance only going to cover the $50, not the entire deposit?

And actually, I guess the answer changes as you get closer to sail date and penalties change... (sorry, I realize this question may make no sense whatsoever)

I personally love ES and have already had price drops totaling $70 per person on our upcoming cruise!

I don't want to hijack thread but have a hypothetical question that seems to fit in here: Let's say I book a cruise, ES, and purchase insurance. If I cancel the cruise I lose the $50 deposit and remainder of deposit is held. So, is insurance only going to cover the $50, not the entire deposit?

And actually, I guess the answer changes as you get closer to sail date and penalties change... (sorry, I realize this question may make no sense whatsoever)

I personally love ES and have already had price drops totaling $70 per person on our upcoming cruise!

WRT Carnival's Berkely Insurance, for the situation you describe (canceling for a covered reason), Carnival & Berkely have an arrangement where Carnival will not hold the remainder of your deposit for a future cruise and Berkely will then reimburse you your full deposit. I haven't seen any reports of this in action and I suspect you'd have a hard time getting them to do this for a non Carnival/Berkely Policy. ken

THANK YOU everyone for your comments. June will be our first Carnival cruise (but not a cruise newbie) and the ES rates were scary and confusing. I've been about to learn alot here by bits and pieces but there is a lot of good information here, all at one place and easily explained.:)

Archived