Mocktails

NKsDogWalker

I just got through a bought of shingles (I would not wish them on anyone..I had them on my chin/cheek/ear/mouth). My cruise is coming up and my doctor has put me on a ton of meds and I don't want to resk my normal cruise drinking while on them. I am a social drinker and I LOVE to party down on cruises. Are Mocktails are served on the cruises so I could at least be able to kinda taste alittle Carnival fun? I am WAY of age to drink... celebrating #39 on the boat.

I'm glad that you are doing better, but I agree that you need to be careful. From time to time those horrible shingles rear their ugliness for my husband. Go have a good time, but be wise.

Nancy

You know that once you get passed this, there is a shot you can take to prevent shingles. Check with your Dr.

Doug

:) thanks... but sadly the shot is only available for those 60 and over... I am a few year away from that.

My 14 year old nephew enjoyed the virgin daiquiries on our cruise. Good idea on not mixing the meds and the alcohol. Glad you are feeling better.

Good to know! Thank you. One of my bffs is always trying to get me to "drink more" when she is REALLY drunk. This will make it easier to "fake it" if I have a frozen something with an unbrella and straw in my hand.

You know that once you get passed this, there is a shot you can take to prevent shingles. Check with your Dr.

Doug

Once you have had shingles, you don't need the shot because you only get them one time. Oh, I'm sure we will hear about the guy that had it five times, whatever..... 99.9% will have it only one time and you had to have had chicken pox to get it. No chicken pox, no shingles later on.

Yes I had it at 27 y/o when I was a paramedic. Not sure who was worse off, me or the other patients. It is one of the worst medical problems I have dealt with. It was on the nerve path from my spine around under my breast almost to my sternum. Nasty!!! OP: hang in there, it does get better!

Good for you being cautious with alcohol and meds! Sorry about the shingles - I got the shot two years ago, paid a lot but it was worth it after hearing from people who have had shingles.

I think just about every frozen drink can be made without alcohol, plus they cost about half as much! Have a great time on your cruise.

My kids use to share a virgin pina colada in thier pajamas on the balcony! I have the cutest picture of them doing that. My son is standing there in 101 dalmation underroos. TOO CUTE, he is 6'4" now, 10 years later. Wonder if I can find him some underroos in his size to take in July??? He would kill me, on second thought I better not!!!

My kids use to share a virgin pina colada in thier pajamas on the balcony! I have the cutest picture of them doing that. My son is standing there in 101 dalmation underroos. TOO CUTE, he is 6'4" now, 10 years later. Wonder if I can find him some underroos in his size to take in July??? He would kill me, on second thought I better not!!!

Where is your sense of adventure and his sense of humor. Secretly pack them in his bag and see how long it takes for him to discover his "youth".

I would buy him a 101 Dalmatians t shirt

Archived