beware carnival gift shop merchandise

sisters two

Have noticed a decent difference in the t-shirts on RCI ships and Carnival ships that we have bought. RCI uses Gilden brand cotton t-shirts, which are heavy and can take some abuse. The Carnival t-shirts you can see right through the fabric and are so thin!

I have purchased 2 rings in the past and have no complaints...However, this last cruise in March we were on the Magic. In the candy store, I ordered a birthday cake for my son. It was never delivered to his table on his birthday and checked the next morning. They insisted it was delivered to his room....nope. Then they said it was delivered to his table and he wasn't there....nope. Then they said they delivered it to MY table and I wasn't there!!! Really, if you mess up just say you did and say you are sorry! So I canceled it and got a refund. That night the head of our dining room visited my table and said he was very sorry about the mix up. A slice of cake was taken to my son's table(He is older, by the way and on this cruise with his wife) but no one said they were sorry about the mix up to him. GRRRR!!!! So, 2 days later I thought I would try again. Ordered another cake and when I got my receipt to sign they charged me for his birthday cake and an anniversary cake. I called that to their attention and they re-did the receipt. When I got home and was looking over my sail and sign account, guess what????? I was charged for 3 cakes!!!! Really???? I called and it took 45 minutes on the phone to get that taken off my card..... So beware when you make purches. Always check your receipt and check your sail and sign account before you leave the ship.:eek:

Archived