Victoria excursion and Sitka restaurant

NoobCruise

We'll be in Victoria from 6pm to midnight. HAL has an excursion that goes through the Inner Harbour, then goes out to Craigdarroch Castle. I was wondering if there is a shuttle that we can take independently out to the castle instead of doing HALs excursion or would HALs excursion be better? Also any suggestions on restaurants close to the ship?

Also, any restaurant advice in Sitka? We'll be there from 7am to 1 pm. We plan to go out to the Park and then to the Raptor Center, then eat before getting back on the ship, but it doesn't sound like there are any particularly special restaurants in Sitka, so maybe we should just eat back on the ship?

We'll be in Victoria from 6pm to midnight. HAL has an excursion that goes through the Inner Harbour, then goes out to Craigdarroch Castle. I was wondering if there is a shuttle that we can take independently out to the castle instead of doing HALs excursion or would HALs excursion be better? Also any suggestions on restaurants close to the ship?

Also, any restaurant advice in Sitka? We'll be there from 7am to 1 pm. We plan to go out to the Park and then to the Raptor Center, then eat before getting back on the ship, but it doesn't sound like there are any particularly special restaurants in Sitka, so maybe we should just eat back on the ship?

You can always just take the city bus to Craigdarroch; $2.50 ea way. http://bctransit.com/ for more details

I would recommend you visit the website to let yourself know Just to let you know what Craigdarroch is; it's really really just a big old house, not a castle.

For Sitka, on the right side of the Russian Orthodox Church (the Church in the middle of Lincoln St) is a fresh seafood store. On the days a cruise ship is in the harbor they set up an outside grill area where you can order your choice of fresh fish served on a nice bed of rice. Be sure to get the Mae Ploy sauce. It's al fresco dining but it is oh so yummy. There are places to have a seat right there. Just down the street going toward the Totem Park trail is a reindeer hotdog stand that's quite tasty and fun for a change. If you prefer a sit-down meal, the Bayview Pub is also right there and offers a nice selection of burgers and beers. Also, right by the seafood store is a Mexican restaurant named Agave which offers several selections including a good pizza menu and very good fish and chips. Heading the other way from the Church and right next to the Pioneer Bar is Kenny's for an authentic Asian meal. I like their lunch bowl selections. El Burrito Loco is on the other side of the Pioneer Bar. It's good. Larkspur Cafe and The Dock Shack are also right there and both serve a nice sit-down lunch with a view of the water.

Here's a link to some of the menus and a few more listings if something else sounds more to you liking. Enjoy Sitka, it's a lovely village. Feel free to ask more if you've heard of another restaurant. I'd be glad to give an opinion. The one's I've listed would be my first choices. :)

http://sitkaeats.com/

Restaurants in Sitka

Channel Club for steak and seafood. Unfortunately you can not walk there and need a taxi.

Ludvigs downtown has some of everything.

:( Sadly, neither offers a lunch menu.

Archived