Room service tipping?

itstootsie

This will probably have the CC regulars pulling out their hair, but how much to tip for room service? Is more given in grills? I just don't want to offend anyone!

We don't tip for room service. We usually go by the Berlitz cruise guide, which says you don't tip for room service. That's what part of your daily charge is for. We do tip $5-6 per day to our steward(a little more for the butler, if we have one)$5-6 for our waiter & $3 per day to the assistant waiter. This may be adjusted up or down depending on service quality.

I don't think you have to tip the Butler for the delivery of room service food. I just tip them at the end of the cruise. Usually 5 to 10 dollars a day more than the standard tip already added to the daily charges.

Before, when I booked Britannia Cabins I would give a couple dollars or a 5 for room service if they were good enough to set it out nicely.

Some of the guys will hand you the tray of food at the cabin door and walk away. Now they are not tipped.

This will probably have the CC regulars pulling out their hair, but how much to tip for room service? Is more given in grills? I just don't want to offend anyone!

Hi itstootsie. From my youth, I recall being told a kind heart is the surest wisdom. So I guess the answer is be kind and be generous within your means and according to the level of service you receive.

No hair pulling involved in this response:). Have a good voyage.

Regards,

Salacia

I bring a stack of five dollar bills and give one to the room service waiter. They do appreciate it.

Seeing as quite a few do tip for room service, I feel we'll ignore the berlitz guide in this instance. Wereas some got offended, you & others offered good advice.

I was going to respond that tipping questions are an almost certain way to start at least a minor flame war, but I guess that's been shown already on this thread. The comments below are solely my opinion; my thoughts on other people' s actions I'll keep to myself.

My upcoming cruise will be my first on Cunard, so the comments may not apply, as each cruise line has its own practices. But on the cruise lines I've been on, the person who delivers the room service food is often not my cabin steward or assistant. If it were, I would simply up the "standard" tip for them. But since it usually isn't (at least in my experience), I tip anywhere from $2 to $5, depending upon the size of the order. In the vast majority of cases, the only time we use room service is for breakfast, so I'm not talking about a gigantic meal, but I do tend to differentiate between asking for coffee only and asking for a full-blown breakfast tray.

Anyhow, that's my two cents.

I was going to respond that tipping questions are an almost certain way to start at least a minor flame war, but I guess that's been shown already on this thread. The comments below are solely my opinion; my thoughts on other people' s actions I'll keep to myself.

My upcoming cruise will be my first on Cunard, so the comments may not apply, as each cruise line has its own practices. But on the cruise lines I've been on, the person who delivers the room service food is often not my cabin steward or assistant. If it were, I would simply up the "standard" tip for them. But since it usually isn't (at least in my experience), I tip anywhere from $2 to $5, depending upon the size of the order. In the vast majority of cases, the only time we use room service is for breakfast, so I'm not talking about a gigantic meal, but I do tend to differentiate between asking for coffee only and asking for a full-blown breakfast tray.

Anyhow, that's my two cents.

:) Thank You, Mac!

Archived