How much are airport transfers from FLL to Port Everglades?

Forget the idea of airport transfers. Just get in a taxi and go, the distance is only two miles. Will cost far less than transfers multiplied over several people and you will be there in no time. Won't have to wait for some motor coach to fill up with 50 people and potentially stop at another terminal at the airport. The edge on both price and convenience also applies to the return.

Worldspan

131 cruises strong

Does anyone know how much RCI charges for airport transfers from FLL to Port Everglades?

I don't know but as stated, it will be too much. :p A cab for up to 4 people between the two points is about $15.00 including tip (our metered fares have been $11.30 and $12.50).

I just step outside the terminal and grab a taxi. Much quicker and doesn't cost that much. Usually, the taxi will take 2 to 3 passengers who you can share the cost with. Some taxi are vans and carry more passengers.

Sorry I am asking because I'm not bringing a car seat for my daughter and we don't want to ride in a taxi without one (nor does the law allow us to), so the other option is to take the cruise line's big bus.

I've seen very long lines for taxis at times so take that into consideration. The wait for the bus to fill up might not be any longer. Plus when you go by transfer you tag your luggage at the airport and don't see it until it arrives in your cabin. I hate dealing with those awful baggage handlers at Pt. Everglades. Rude and unscrupulous.

I believe it was $27 each in 2011. Yes, we had to pay for a baby on lap which was incredibly frustrating - at least give him a seat if we have to pay! BUT I fully agree, paying for the transfer is far easier than bringing a car seat for a short 10 minute trip.

ETA: OP, I'm sorry you got so much unsolicited advice here. I don't understand why people can't just answer the question or click on top the next thread....

Sorry I am asking because I'm not bringing a car seat for my daughter and we don't want to ride in a taxi without one (nor does the law allow us to), so the other option is to take the cruise line's big bus.

Most limo services and some taxis in FLL will provide car seats. We used Starz Limo in FLL and were pleased with the service. It was approx $8 per person (for 6 adults and 2 children). Easy pickup at the port too, no waiting.

Sorry if others did not answer the question at first. I wouldn't say it was unsolicited advice, just someone wanting to save op, time and money. It is sooo much easier and much less expensive to take a taxi. They probably didn't realize there was an issue with the car seat. Perhaps, a car service that provides a car seat is an option too.

Archived