Virginia, Dawn Concierge

redhead621

I will be sailing on the Dawn to Bermuda on May 4, 2012. Does anyone just off the Dawn know if Virginia is still or will still be on the Dawn? Last September she was our Concierge and she was fantastic. I thought at that time she told us that she would be taking a vacation and then upon her return she would be on the Star. I have seen some posts that hint at her being on the Dawn.

Virginia is probably the best concierge we've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. We sailed on two separate cruises with her, more than a year apart, on two different ships, and when we boarded the second cruise and met her again she immediately remembered us - that truly amazed us, considering the hundreds and hundreds of guests she deals with in her job.

She always goes out of her way to make sure your cruise is everything you want it to be. NCL is lucky to have her, and they'd better do whatever it takes to hang on to her.

Thank you for the good news. Now I have one more thing to look forward to on my cruise. If Gian is still the butler my week will be complete.

Just got off the Dawn yesterday and it was a great cruise with Virginia as our Concierge! One of the best to be sure.

Gian was indeed our Butler and he ranks at the top of our list.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise :)

Just got off the Dawn yesterday and it was a great cruise with Virginia as our Concierge! One of the best to be sure.

Gian was indeed our Butler and he ranks at the top of our list.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise :)

Thanks for the report. Now I am more anxious to be onboard. 2 more weeks!!!

Virginia is probably the best concierge we've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. We sailed on two separate cruises with her, more than a year apart, on two different ships, and when we boarded the second cruise and met her again she immediately remembered us - that truly amazed us, considering the hundreds and hundreds of guests she deals with in her job.

She always goes out of her way to make sure your cruise is everything you want it to be. NCL is lucky to have her, and they'd better do whatever it takes to hang on to her.

The same thing happened with us, our very first cruise on the Sky she was our concierge, we were quite surprised to see her on the Star during the summer for our Alaska cruise, and even more surprised that she remembered us!

Will be on the Dawn in 7 days and it will be nice to see her again, won't know what to do on a cruise if she isn't our concierge!

• 4 weeks later...
Have not had the pleasure with Virginia. How would she compare to Bruce for those who had met both?

Bruce was the best concierge we have ever had the pleasure of traveling with. I miss him a lot. We found Virginia to be lacking; maybe because we were so spoiled by Bruce!

Thank you for the update! We are sailing on June 1st and I am excited to sail with Virginia based on the postings above. Did she mention when in June she will be leaving and who her replacement could be? We sailed on the Dawn last year and were not pleased with our last concierge experience. We had sailed with Bruce on the Spirit...loved him! Also could you please share your embarkation experience? Time you arrived and any helpful hints..TIA

Thank you for the update! We are sailing on June 1st and I am excited to sail with Virginia based on the postings above. Did she mention when in June she will be leaving and who her replacement could be? We sailed on the Dawn last year and were not pleased with our last concierge experience. We had sailed with Bruce on the Spirit...loved him! Also could you please share your embarkation experience? Time you arrived and any helpful hints..TIA

Kruiserkatie, come join our roll call and meet some of your fellow passengers on the Dawn Juine 1

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1536645

Virginia will be aboard until the end of June. Her replacement is going to be Karobi.

Another bit of news....Paul Scally is no longer the CD. He was replaced with John, the assistant CD mid week during the cruise.

Embarkation was a breeze. That being said, the traffic in the area around the pier was horrific. It may have had something to do with the fact that the previous passengers were delayed getting off. Heard a rumor that they had a few passengers that had a problem with either custom or immigration.

Have a great cruise.

Archived