Window cling on for cabin door decoration

jolyroger

Ok quick question, the window clings ons that are made out of like a gummy material can you use them as a decoration on your cabin door or are they "frowned upon"? I don't care if its tacky I'm all for it I was just curious if its ok? Thanks for any info!

I've seen them before. Not only that, but I've seen people decorate their cabin windows like they are the windows of a department store (with cling ons, stuffed animals, photos, flowers, posters, etc). It's interesting to look up as you're standing on the dock waiting to get back on the ship and see some of the fellow passenger's, uh, creativity...;)

Yes, as you mentioned, some may consider it tacky, but it's not prohibited.

Edited by Tapi

Oh great thanks so much for the quick replys!! I seen some real cute ones at the CHristmas tree shop for $1.69 but was'nt sure if they could be used! I figure Its a cruise, tacky is always welcomed there, I mean some of the decor of the ships is extreamly tacky, but thats ok because its not my home....Well for a week it is anyway, and I love it!! Once again thanks so much!

I have used these type of decorations on the door three years in a row. Yep there are folks on CC that think they are tacky, I too enjoy seeing what other passengers put on their door. The cling decorations are easy to remove so I don't think the crew cares too much and you can remove them yourself last day. Keep in mind my little flowers/bunnies kept moving down the hall from day to day....just think folks or kids liked playing around with them no biggie. Last year I found some cool 4th of July with USA, etc and put those on my door. Does make your room easy to find...so enjoy!! Lydia of Ohio

I don't think this is tacky, I think this is a GREAT idea! I plan on bringing some for my next cruise. We went on a Christmas cruise in 2010 and I loved to see the decorations on the doors. My young DD would like to decorate our door with clingons!

• 4 years later...

DO NOT USE GEL CLINGS! THEY WILL STAIN THE PAINT ON A DOOR WITHIN A COUPLE OF DAYS.

My mom put these on a painted door at her assisted living, which is the same type of painted door on a cruise ship, and the dyes in the gel clings STAINED the door, causing permanent damage that can only be repaired by applying a stain-blocking primer and paint. Another cruiser on a forum said that it stained a door and she was charged to repair the door. It cannot be removed with Magic Eraser because the color is embedded in the paint. These are designed ONLY for use on glass.

The cruise lines will charge you for the damage. Stay away from the thick gel cling decorations...the vinyl decorations that are flat and soft vinyl will NOT damage.