Missed Ports

I thought the real problem was from heavily chlorinated water...in the bathroom faucet and shower as well as the hot tubs and pool. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the real culprit in the swimsuit discoloration...

So far it seems the only complaints have been those whose clothing were saturated and discolored on the pool deck. TahoeTraveler wore the yellow swim suit once at pool side and this placed her near where the smoke from the stack may have wafted down while beside the wharf. Then again, JPR, as you have suggested, the highly chlorinated hot tub may be the culprit. Whatever the problem, it needs a fixing right away. Jack Morris

Hi VWConvertable Girl.

I was on that same cruise with my other half, it was our first and we had a triffic time despite missing Santorini.

I'm about to book a trip on the Navigator for next Feb.

Rik

We missed Taormina last year because the sea was too rough. They couldn't get the tenders down. We sailed to Messina and they bused us to Taormina. The downer was that we had booked a day excursion of half day in Taormina and half day visiting Mt. Edna. We had to choose between Mt. Edna and Taormina. since we only had a half day.We chose Taormina which was a lovely town. There is nothing you can do about rough seas.

• 2 weeks later...
We missed Taormina last year because the sea was too rough. They couldn't get the tenders down. We sailed to Messina and they bused us to Taormina. The downer was that we had booked a day excursion of half day in Taormina and half day visiting Mt. Edna. We had to choose between Mt. Edna and Taormina. since we only had a half day.We chose Taormina which was a lovely town. There is nothing you can do about rough seas.

My wife and I spent 2 weeks on Sicily some years back and had an over night in Taormina. Truly a beautiful place with its own Roman theater overlooking the distant ocean far below. We wandered back and forth on the main street and did some hiking below and above the city. I must say you did need a lot more time to really see the place other than your half day. As for missing Mt. Etna (not Edna) what would you have expected to see? We did a day trip up its winding road and saw a lot of ash and scrub brush and a few boulders here and there. Not much to write home about. Jack Morris

Archived