Prices of beer?

uirishtoo

Pretty much normal bar price, seems to me..

Certainly not Costco prices.

I'm surprised to hear that from a semi-local. We can get Sierra Nevada level beers for less in SF. Even a pint of Guinness can be found for almost $2 less around here. I'm amazed what they can charge for Bud/Coors/Miller level beers on ships.

• Administrators

I'm looking at receipts from last week on the Ruby Princess -- one Coors Lite was $4.25, the 15% autogratuity was $.64, for a total of $4.89. The "bucket" special was five for the price of 4 -- $17.00, plus gratuity of $2.55, for a total of $19.55 for five Coors Lites.

I'm surprised to hear that from a semi-local. We can get Sierra Nevada level beers for less in SF. Even a pint of Guinness can be found for almost $2 less around here. I'm amazed what they can charge for Bud/Coors/Miller level beers on ships.

Captive audience so they can charge whatever they want!

I'm looking at receipts from last week on the Ruby Princess -- one Coors Lite was $4.25, the 15% autogratuity was $.64, for a total of $4.89. The "bucket" special was five for the price of 4 -- $17.00, plus gratuity of $2.55, for a total of $19.55 for five Coors Lites.

This is from the Princess website.

Princess Cellars

The following beverages are available as bon voyage gifts. Prices include gratuity.

Beer Package Choose any of the following beers and receive six for the price of five: Beck's, Coors Light, Dos Equis, Miller Genuine Draft, Miller LiteItem #2310$23.25

It looks like this is the better deal. What does surprise me is that Princess doesn't allow you to do all of this online. You have to fax, mail or call everything in.

$2 Guinness...can I come live with you?? :D

Bear in mind the buckets of beer are only available at deck bars, thus the hours of availability are limited.

I once found a great bartender in Churchill's Cigar Lounge on the Diamond who would sell me buckets... and the computer/terminal/register there had an old price - $1.00 less than at the deck bars. However, it only took a few days for my folio to be 'adjusted' to reflect the proper (current) price; and the 'bucket option' to disappear from that bar's computer/terminal/register. Darn!... LOL.

I think he was stating that he can get a Guinness for $2 LESS then the previous price stated, not FOR $2.:(:(

Perhaps :) ... I notice your avatar is 'St Helens rugby league club' ... my partner is from St Helens... we will be going there later this year :) ... small world :D

Perhaps :) ... I notice your avatar is 'St Helens rugby league club' ... my partner is from St Helens... we will be going there later this year :) ... small world :D

Yes, originally from St Helens, not lived there since 1989 when I joined the RAF.

I paid $6.84 for a bottle of Bud Light a few weeks ago on the Ruby.

The Bud products come in 16 ounce metal bottles for $5.95 plus the 15% gratuity. The rest are 12 oz cans, except for the "oil can" of Fosters and the Grolsch in a "flippy. Rumor has it that the Fosters is on the way out, and they are adding Corona.

Archived