Going to Belize again. What beach?

mitsugirly

We were in Belize last September and did the cave tubing. We had a WONDERFUL day but we like to experience new things in port if we can. So, really not interested in going back to the caves and tubing again.

We are looking for a nice relaxing beach, possible snorkeling (doesn't have to have a lot but if there is fish/rays/starfish to be seen, my 3 year old will love it).

I've been trying to do some research and have found people mention Bannister Island, Caye Caulker, and Goff Caye.

Any recommendations and why you recommend it over the others would be nice. Tell me about the beach, the snorkeling, the picturesque atmosphere (anyone who has read my reviews or seen my pictures, I LOVE to take pictures of beautiful beaches). :D

Any tour companies that you would recommend going with? Why or why not?

I'm not really looking for a company that will give a "tour" (like boat ride to a snorkeling site and then on to the island). Just looking to go to the beach only.

Also, any place that you mention...does it have food and drinks there? If so what and how much?

Thanks in advance.

Also, if anyone has any pictures they would like to share, please do so. :)

Here's a link to a fairly recent post with info and pictures about Goff's and Bannister. My kids and I been to Goff's twice and thoroughly enjoyed it both times. My 5 year old daughter snorkeling from shore, as well as played in the shallow, warm water. It's a truly special experience to be out in the middle of the ocean on such a small island and be able to walk 50 feet from shore and be waist deep. Limited food is available at a bbq stand (fish, chicken, hot dogs, soda, beer) reasonably priced $5-10 and rum punch and water are provided with the tour.

I hope you have a great day in Belize. I'm jealous.;)

Here's a link to a fairly recent post with info and pictures about Goff's and Bannister. My kids and I been to Goff's twice and thoroughly enjoyed it both times. My 5 year old daughter snorkeling from shore, as well as played in the shallow, warm water. It's a truly special experience to be out in the middle of the ocean on such a small island and be able to walk 50 feet from shore and be waist deep. Limited food is available at a bbq stand (fish, chicken, hot dogs, soda, beer) reasonably priced $5-10 and rum punch and water are provided with the tour.

I hope you have a great day in Belize. I'm jealous.;)

Thanks for the info. I did run across your posting with the pictures and put Goff's on my list to look in to. :D

Belize, because it has the reef to protect it, does not really have a lot of beaches. In fact none near the port, unless you go out to an island. We did Goff's Caye, and loved the island, snorkeling not so good. Carnival does not do an excursion there anymore. I would suggest another port to do a full beach day, and try the ruins in Belize.

Archived