Galveston transfers

labraiser

It seems to me, that boarding a cruise in Galveston is a pain in the a__ when flying in the night before into Houston. I have read some post that transfers are about 100.00 a person round trip. South Florida seems a lot easier to me. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks

We have boarded cruises in both and the FLL airport is much closer to the peir than Galveston. The nearest Texas airport is about an hour away for galveston while the FLL airport is just a few minutes. That may explain most of the difference in cost.

By the way all cruises are a really good time wherever you board.

We have boarded cruises in both and the FLL airport is much closer to the peir than Galveston. The nearest Texas airport is about an hour away for galveston while the FLL airport is just a few minutes. That may explain most of the difference in cost.

By the way all cruises are a really good time wherever you board.

There are problems everywhere and distances differ

Our worse problems have been in Florida and Europe:

Ft Lauderdale missed 11:15 flight

Miami - would not let a number of on on ****

Port Canaveral- Transfers problem...

- came close not making ship.. got there at 3:00

No you are wrong

Hobby 1/2 hour - will be International Airport

Bush 1 hour

Prox $100 for vehicle not person - it all relative

I've been reading a lot about how Galveston is less than convinient to reach the ship, but it seems to me that the appeal is the itinerary. For me, I like the variety and the ports are much different on the western carribean trips than the south and eastern trips that leave from FL, so I'll likely book a cruise out of Galveston at some point despite the trip from the air port to the pier.

I was talking to some people from out of state while on my recent cruise out of Galveston. They said the trick to getting the cost down is simply to find someone on your roll call that's flying in around the same time and split the cost of the shuttle. They said that getting from the airport to the pier wasn't that big of a deal.

yeah after i had booked our cruise out of galveston, mainly because of the ports, i realized how much of a headache it was to sail from there,shuttles, hotels, etc etc etc

but

in the end, it wasnt actually real bad,

except paying 100+ each way for the shuttle, :(

we got direct flights from CA, into hobby ,

which was awesome, since I hate flying

and found good hotel rates

I would cruise from there again,

We booked it because the cruise goes to a few new places for us but it's no different then leaving out of Port Canaveral which we do every year. Every port can't have an airport within 15 minutes. :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

My thoughts exactly. We had an hour drive from Orlando to Port Canaveral. I actually loved spending time in Galveston and in Cocoa Beach.

Archived