Ketchikan Fishing Charter ??

blakean3

Hello,

My DH and brother in law used Captain Ken at Northern Lights Charters in 2007. They had a great time. We have booked with him again this coming June when we will be in Ketchikan. This time I'm tagging along even though I have not fished since I was a kid. Maybe I will catch something!

Rose

+1 a shot of Ken with my son and one of the salmon we caught :D

Hello,

My DH and brother in law used Captain Ken at Northern Lights Charters in 2007. They had a great time. We have booked with him again this coming June when we will be in Ketchikan. This time I'm tagging along even though I have not fished since I was a kid. Maybe I will catch something!

Rose

1111063318_242KenourGuide-CaptainwithChris.jpg.6c2350aa3c70bd3d5a15bf0fe74cc845.jpg

mlmalone3 Do you happen to remeber what it cost to charter the whole boat?

We have chartered with Ken for late May, and I believe it is $700 plus fishing licenses, and fuel. Up to 6 people for that cost, so really a great deal for our family. I have communicated with Ken several times, and he is really personable, and we are looking forward to meeting him!

WaggesAZ sounds about right on the cost. I had emailed Ken and then gave DH the phone number and he called and made the deal. I'm not sure of the cost. Ken saw my email signature from my email and saw that I was a teacher. He shared that he was a former teacher himself. DH really liked visiting with him over the phone. This is his birthday present....we are fishing the day before he turns 53.

• 3 months later...

I have a few pics of you two fishing that day. We had breakfast with you, Dave and Cindy from Northern Cal :-) Anyway, we ended up next to you that day on our boat and I wasn't sure if you knew it was us or not. I took about 5 pics of you fishing and a couple turned out pretty good. Just joined this board to let you know I would send them by email. trying to figure out how to contact you from here... ??

Cindy

Hello,

Rose

How was your trip in June?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Hello,

Rose

How was the fishing? I'm looking into a charter for my DH this September.

We had a shortened time in the port due to our ship responding to a mayday call. I cannot say enough good things about Ken. Since we were so delayed, he made sure our group of men had a boat to fish with (he had an afternoon charter). He went above and beyond to arrange for us. The fishing was fabulous. We had the salmon shipped home and have been eating it ever since, it is delicious.

• 8 months later...

I just saw these posts...I'm sorry for not checking sooner. Our trip with Northern Lights was fantastic. The weather was not the best, but we made it work for us. We caught 6 King Salmon. All I can say is WOW! It was quite an experience. I actually reeled in 2 of the 6 on my own. I had no idea what I was in for....upper body was a bit sore from wrestling in those big boys. We had a great time and Ken was a wonderful guide. We have shared our salmon with friends and family in Texas and we still have lots in the freezer. We would highly recommend him to anyone and will use him again. Hope you guys enjoyed your trip.

• 1 year later...

My Wife & I had a great time on our Cruise stop in Ketchikan with Bella Misty on 6/1/2014....boated 4 halibut (released 2), 2 Quillbac rockfish and 1 salmon...shipped home (optional)...got a taste of Alaska fishing...nice boat and gear...experienced Captain. On and off the ship could not have been easier, docked on the same same pier..30 yards away. Bella Misty gets 5 stars in our book...Thanks again, Rick & Rosann