14 for Dinner On The Gem

Mrdell

Hello All...We will be on the Gem this Sunday and there will be 8 adults and 6 children that would like to dine together in the main dinning room. Would anyone know if it is possible to have a table of 14 or is it better to try to split up in two tables? I know reservations would be wise! Is it possible to make reservations for a large group and what is the best time of day to try to reserve? Thank you for your help!

We're on the same ship come Sunday and are travelling with a group of 18, so I'd like to know this info as well. Will they make a reservation for our big group? We did "book" together, so we are considered a group (I think). I don't think we'll all be eating together every night - but at least one or two! Thanks!

Brennan5!

The Matre d(sp) will let you make reservations for such a large group but only certain times, I think on the Dawn it was before 6 or after 730 go talk to them the first day. Of course if anyone in your group is in a suite you can ask the concierge . Enjoy the Gem she's a beauty.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5f3zsp

Hello All...We will be on the Gem this Sunday and there will be 8 adults and 6 children that would like to dine together in the main dinning room. Would anyone know if it is possible to have a table of 14 or is it better to try to split up in two tables? I know reservations would be wise! Is it possible to make reservations for a large group and what is the best time of day to try to reserve? Thank you for your help!

You can get a reservation for your whole group, they should be able to fit 14 of you at 1 long table. Make sure you do this at the Grand Pacific and not Magenta. Magenta was not able to accommodate us very well, we wound up sitting at 3 or 4 different tables near each other :(

I had emailed my reservation request, gotten confirmation, then getting to the ship, there was no record. My cousin's concierge was amazing in setting this up for the 1st night. After eating at Magenta, we then asked him to switch us to the Grand Pacific. (Btw, Magenta was my fault, I "thought" smaller would be better and had requested the dinner be held there)

We're on the same ship come Sunday and are travelling with a group of 18, so I'd like to know this info as well. Will they make a reservation for our big group? We did "book" together, so we are considered a group (I think). I don't think we'll all be eating together every night - but at least one or two! Thanks!

Brennan5!

We are also on the Gem this Sunday with a party of 14! let's ask them for seating for 46!

Last March on the Jewel, we had 15 for dinner most nights. We always had 2 tables, one for the 7 kids and one for the 8 adults. This year we had a group of 24 on the Gem! Again 2 tables of 12. It may sound crazy to let 12 kids eat together, but after the intial scramble over who got to sit next to who, it was fine. Just one of many reasons why I would never consider trying to get the service charges for my kids removed :)

We did need reservations, and the times were 5:30, 5:45 or after 8. We ate in both the Magenta and the Grand Pacific.

Thank you for all the helpfull replies. This is my sixth NCL cruise for my wife and I but the first time with the kids and grandchildren and family. Being prepared makes things alot easier on everyone--Especially the kids!

Archived