ATV's for the day - St Marteen

sooner33

Hello all. First of all i did post this on the ports of call board :)

Thinking about renting ATV's for the day. So we can go where we want. We would like to go to orient beach for a little bit then to maho. And mix in some shopping Is it a good idea to try this on our own on ATV's or is it not possible? I heard there is only 1 main road so it's not easy to get lost ?

Thank you

Never been to St. Maarten on a cruise, but been there many times on the island. i Would not recommend this. Plus i have never seen ATVs on the roads there. Now i Have seen many scooters in the past. People drive like maniacs there. Orient beach is good drive from the cruise terminal with many hills and turns. would suggest maybe a car rental or a taxi for safety reasons. As For the roads, theres lots of them so you can get lost pretty easy. Maho is on the dutch side and Orient is on the french side so its in totally opposite directions. Both beaches are really nice and my most favorite when i visit. Make sure you stop by Sunset Beach Bar to watch the planes if you have never been.

Never been to St. Maarten on a cruise, but been there many times on the island. i Would not recommend this. Plus i have never seen ATVs on the roads there. Now i Have seen many scooters in the past. People drive like maniacs there. Orient beach is good drive from the cruise terminal with many hills and turns. would suggest maybe a car rental or a taxi for safety reasons. As For the roads, theres lots of them so you can get lost pretty easy. Maho is on the dutch side and Orient is on the french side so its in totally opposite directions. Both beaches are really nice and my most favorite when i visit. Make sure you stop by Sunset Beach Bar to watch the planes if you have never been.

Thank you for the reply , we are absolutely going to Maho no matter what , but i was thinking it would be fun to rent ATV's , so i really appreciate the feedback. Maybe we will just take a taxi to Orient for a few hours in the morning then taxi to Maho for the rest of the day the.... :) Thank you again

Hello all. First of all i did post this on the ports of call board :)

Thinking about renting ATV's for the day. So we can go where we want. We would like to go to orient beach for a little bit then to maho. And mix in some shopping Is it a good idea to try this on our own on ATV's or is it not possible? I heard there is only 1 main road so it's not easy to get lost ?

Thank you

We rented ATV's at St. Martin and it was not an organized tour. We were free to go where we wanted. They gave us a map and off we went. We went to Maho, watched the planes, had lunch, went all over the place. See the review in my sig for my latest cruise and you can see some photos. We booked on our through RAS tours. Cost about $80 per day for 2-seater quads.

Archived