Cabo input ( kinda rambles )

hannahsmomtoo

For those who have done Cabo...

Day TWO - we are parasailing and then returning to the ship for a steakhouse res.

However - DAY ONE.. we would like to do the beach / shopping

The problem I am having is that all the excursions that include the beach and shopping have a downside..

( one includes an upscale expensive mall.. not interested.. and one has a "cactus garden" as it's highlight.. I live in Arizona.. I see those daily! )

Has anyone done a good beach/shopping excursion in Cabo?

OR

If we just get off the boat and venture out on our own... is there a beach/souvenier shopping in close proximity?

Thanks !!

For those who have done Cabo...

Day TWO - we are parasailing and then returning to the ship for a steakhouse res.

However - DAY ONE.. we would like to do the beach / shopping

The problem I am having is that all the excursions that include the beach and shopping have a downside..

( one includes an upscale expensive mall.. not interested.. and one has a "cactus garden" as it's highlight.. I live in Arizona.. I see those daily! )

Has anyone done a good beach/shopping excursion in Cabo?

OR

If we just get off the boat and venture out on our own... is there a beach/souvenier shopping in close proximity?

Thanks !!

There are dozens of stores and restaurants at the marina where the tender drops you off. A short walk away is Medano Beach, fun for water activities. We've never taken an excursion in Cabo, never felt the need.

There are dozens of stores and restaurants at the marina where the tender drops you off. A short walk away is Medano Beach, fun for water activities. We've never taken an excursion in Cabo, never felt the need.

ok that is good to know.. maybe we will just venture on our own that day :-) Thanks !

Wife & I hopped onto one of those bike taxis and got a lift into town.

I think we paid about $10 and were there in less then 10 minutes.

Walked back although it was a struggle in the July heat.

Lot's of shopping at the pier but we bought our stuff in town.

Never felt threatened walking along the street.

Wife said it was "cheaper" although everything she buys is either on sale or cheap ( according to her). :D

We did cabo and if my memory serves me right, at the time it was a really short day. We just walked through the port area. Right as you come out is a Diamonds International store. We just started walking to the right. In the city right there, about a 10 minute walk we found Cabo Wabo, Sammy Hagars place. We parked our guys there and went back and forth souvenir shopping. Didn't cost us anything. We thought the vendors in the port area were pretty pushy, but we really weren't intersted in doing any activities. We were pretty tired that day and just wanted to shop.

Hope this helps!

Shawn

As everyone has said, plenty of shopping near the tender pier, and better prices one street back off the Marina, but Medano Beach, which is the swimable beach in Cabo is a 25-30 minute walk from the tender pier. If you want to get there faster, you can take a water or land taxi. The water taxi's are cheaper, but you must be prepared to jump into about a foot of water to dismount.

My family and I just got back and had a blast. We booked a tour with Benjy Sanchez and he was amazing. He was very accommodating about doing whatever we wanted and he also was very flexible in that we had our two toddlers with us. He took us all around Cabo and in to San Jose del Cabo, we also visited Chileno Bay. I have a review in my signature that has some pics of what we saw. He was only $35 per person. He was great about emailing back and forth before we went. We did not pay anything until the trip was over. Hope this helps.

Archived