Spring Break Triumph Review with pics

dfmeeks

Hi, I have a balcony on deck 7 booked for 2013 on starboard side. Just wondering what side was up against the dock at Progresso and Cozumel? I really want to be up against the dock. Also thanks for the pictures. Did you go to the beach in Galveston and was the new roller coaster ride area (not sure what it's called) done yet? Thanks..

It docked like Picomullet stated. Hope that makes sense.

We didn't go to the beach in Galveston. We arrived later in the evening &, the next day, were much more interested in boarding the ship ASAP :D. We were on the ship at around 11:15!! I did check on the new pier through FB & it wasn't ready yet. We wanted to see it too!

21 days 'till Tnriumph for me, so glad I found this! Starting to get really excited. :D

Sent from my new Verizon 4G iPad using Tapatalk HD

I envy you! I love the countdown! We enjoyed every aspect of the cruise. Lots of folks complained about the food & I got nervous that there'd be little to eat. But even most of the food at the buffet was good. Drinks were very good. Shows were entertaining. Sure, if you look for problems you'll find them. But why look for the bad when you can enjoy the good?

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

I did not know that the Triumph was smaller than the Conquest. I always learn something on this board. Thanks for the review!

I'm pretty sure it is but I could be wrong. Maybe it just felt that way due to 1 buffet line & no steak house. Either way, it was a great time!

Vivavegas, It's worth visiting. Galveston is a very quaint seaport town with lots to do & good places to eat.

Carlyzmom, I didn't find it rough or bumpy at all! The aft is wonderful! Looking out on the wake is so relaxing. I felt like I was in a trance!

T.Chick, hope you don't mind the abbreviation. Galveston is wonderful. I remember recently reading a thread about sailing out of Galveston that was less than favorable. I never had a difficult time! You're so lucky that you live in Houston & can visit whenever you like. I miss it.

Wework, I mean what I'm about to say in the kindest way.... 10 days? I hate you! I wish I were on her in 10 days! Seriously, I hope you have a wonderful time. She's beautiful! I was so relaxed & felt pampered. Enjoy!

Tnsabella, I've read several of your reviews. Thank you for your contributions!

Meyer2, Thank you!

Hi, I have a balcony on deck 7 booked for 2013 on starboard side. Just wondering what side was up against the dock at Progresso and Cozumel? I really want to be up against the dock. Also thanks for the pictures. Did you go to the beach in Galveston and was the new roller coaster ride area (not sure what it's called) done yet? Thanks..

I heard it is going to be called Paradise Pier and no it is not finished yet. Was just down there a couple of weeks ago. It is where the old Flagship Hotel used to be.

I heard it is going to be called Paradise Pier and no it is not finished yet. Was just down there a couple of weeks ago. It is where the old Flagship Hotel used to be.

If you're on FB, & you "like" them, you'll receive updates with photos.

Great review and pictures! Keep it coming! :)

and for the record-I was so glad to read that you and your DH wouldn't allow your daughter and her friends to go off alone in Mexico. Had that very same conversation with my 18 year old daughter and her friends a few years back. Our arrangement was similar to yall's- same excursion but we promise to act like we don't know each other! haha!!!

Vicki

Great review and pictures! Keep it coming! :)

and for the record-I was so glad to read that you and your DH wouldn't allow your daughter and her friends to go off alone in Mexico. Had that very same conversation with my 18 year old daughter and her friends a few years back. Our arrangement was similar to yall's- same excursion but we promise to act like we don't know each other! haha!!!

Vicki

How funny! I'm sure many others have had that same conversation! The funny thing is, they continually approached & spoke to us. Ahhh, kids. Gotta love em!

So excited!! We leave Dallas in exactly 2 weeks for our cruise :) Thanks for the review

I see it's your first cruise. She's a lovely ship! If you get a chance, go on the Behind the Fun Tour. Very interesting & enlightening! I hope you enjoy you cruise!

We've been to Cozumel a few times. The first time, we took the Atlantis Sub excursion. We enjoyed the experience but didn't see too many fish.

The 2nd time we drove ATV's. Loved it!! Got incredibly muddy & had the opportunity to swim in a cenote. Then we took the girls parasailing & shopped.

This time, the girls chose a day at Mr. Sancho's. I would highly recommend it. After debarking the ship, you walk through an area with tons of shops. While we were looking for a taxi, a gentleman tried to convince us to try a different beach stating that Mr. Sancho's was dirty. Fortunately, we traveled enough to understand his intention & thanked him for his input but continued on with our plan. A short taxi ride later, we were at Mr. Sancho's.

Beautiful doesn't begin to describe the beach or pool area! DH & I paid $50 each & the girls $45 each for the AI. If we paid online, it would have been $5 less each. Anyway, the pools were clean, the water gorgeous & the service incredible. The girls took off to find a space on the beach & DH & I found prime spots on loungers under an umbrella by the pool. Our waiter was attentive & kept our drinks full & fresh, Banana Mamas for DH & Dirty Bananas for me! As soon as we got there, our waiter gave us a menu to hold on to for the duration of out stay & we were able to order several times throughout the day. I did deviate from my drink of choice to try the mango margarita at the swim up bar. Again, delish! Our girls also pigged out so at the end of the day we tipped out waiter $50. I've read in previous reviews that waiters have basically asked for tips. Ours never did that & we felt he deserved a good one.

There's lots to do at Mr. Sancho's such as ATVs, horseback ride, banana boat rides, ski doos, etc. The girls chose to horseback ride which really frustrated DH & I. We have horse but do they ride for free in Oklahoma???? No!! I guess riding on a beach is different.

After a full day, we headed back to the ship with a little time left over to pick up tequila & tee shirts. Try the pomagranite tequila. Yum yum!! And this time, we weren't starving upon our return like when we were in Progreso.

100_1019.jpg

Above is the Atlantis Sub being towed out to her destination.

100_1020.jpg

100_1021.jpg

100_1022.jpg

100_1024.jpg

Thanks for the pics of Mr Sanchos. We're thinking of a beach day on our upcoming trip but can't decide which one to go to. Were there enough loungers and tables for everyone? Was it crowded? Did you pay in advance or did you just walk up? Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks for the pics of Mr Sanchos. We're thinking of a beach day on our upcoming trip but can't decide which one to go to. Were there enough loungers and tables for everyone? Was it crowded? Did you pay in advance or did you just walk up? Sorry for all the questions.

Hi Rudyard!

There were plenty of loungers both by the pool & on the beach. We were there during spring break from about 10 AM to 2 PM. They open at 9:30 & close at 5:30. We really could have arrived earlier & stayed later but didn't want to rush out in the morning & wanted to do a little shopping before heading back. Anyway, it didn't seem crowded though there were obviously lots of people there.

If we paid in advance, we would have saved about $5 each. We chose to pay when we got there just in case we changed our mind the last minute.

We would definitely return with our DD. DH isn't one for just laying around in the sun but he really enjoyed a relaxing day of good food & drink. The waiters come to the pool & beach for both food & drink so you never have to worry about getting up to visit the bar or restaurant. That said, if we didn't have teenage girls with us we probably would have gone to an adults only AI simply for a more peaceful environment. Not that I don't like kids but I'm a psychotherapist in a community mental health agency & I assess kids all day long. When I see a kid, I just automatically start diagnosing behavior! LOL! So once my DH leaves for college & DH & I travel a little alone, it will be no kids allowed type of vacations :D.

Let's see, the food was quite good. We ate fries, shrimp tacos, burgers, guac & chips, coconut shrimp, nachos. All good. Drinks tasted fruity when they should & creamy when they should. There was enough alcohol in our drinks to taste it but not so much that we choked them down. Our waiter did ask us if we wanted more alcohol in them.

Service was excellent. Out waiter was attentive & friendly as was the bartender at the swim up bar.

Everything, including the bathrooms, were clean & maintained throughout the day.

Please feel free to ask if you have more questions!

Archived