Planning a Cruise Critic Member Luncheon for 51 people

eyetwinkle

Does anyone know who I can contact about planning a luncheon on May 3rd, 2012 on the Celebrity Equinox sailing April 30? We have now as of today, 178 Cruise Critic members and are excited about being possibly one of the largest groups yet!! I have 51 people who have signed up for a get together lunch but I need to know who to contact about setting this up once I board the ship? Is there anyone that can shed some light on this? Your information will be much appreciated.... Sharon Jackson cabin #1630 "Eyetwinkle" on the CC boards :confused:

Does anyone know who I can contact about planning a luncheon on May 3rd, 2012 on the Celebrity Equinox sailing April 30? Sharon Jackson cabin #xxxx "Eyetwinkle" on the CC boards :confused:

Sharon, I can't help you with your question but caution you against posting your cabin number on a public message board. Anyone can see your cabin number and you may not want that broadcast to the thousands of members of cruisecritic. Cruises are like small cities and you just never know who is on the ship with you.

Just a word of caution :)

Sharon,

I agree with Water Baby that you need to be a little careful about how much personal information you divulge on a public forum; more important than your stateroom #, you also have your full name, city and state. You may want to hit the triangle button to alert the moderators and request that they remove some of the personal information from your post.

In terms of your question, the Captain's Club Hostess/Host is probably the best person to contact. Perhaps someone on your Roll Call will know who the current person is and have an e-mail address for contacting them. You can also try posting this message on the Celebrity Board on Cruise Critic rather than the Ask a Cruise Board as it is really a Celebrity specific question, so you are more likely to receive more answers on the Celebrity board.

Good luck with the planning and have a great cruise. The Equinox is an amazing ship! :)

For a group of this size, I would suggest that you contact the cruise line BEFORE the cruise to see if your plan is feasible and, if it is, find out who you will need connect with once onboard to make the final arrangements.

BTW ... we had a CC roll call with over 260 for a cruise a year ago, and at the first Meet & Greet, over 200 showed up!!! Nearly 180 showed up for M&G #s 2 and 3!!!

I remember there was a similar thread a few years ago -- about setting up a luncheon for a meet and greet and some people came up with an opposing view that you should consider.

In asking for tables set up for 50 passengers, which may involve quite a bit of a dining room, you could be preventing other passengers from being able to have lunch in the room. And often, big groups have an increase in noise as some may start conversations between tables (as opposed to a conversation that's among the people seated at a single table).

Perhaps a better solution would be to request an area in a lounge for mid-afternoon for your meet and greet. That way, people can move around better, mingle as desired and not be tying up a dining room for a time longer than a meal. Then if some want to share a meal during the cruise, they can exchange cabin numbers and make plans as a smaller group.

Please consider this. If you don't think a big group can be disruptive to passengers not part of the group, you might want to do a search of CC. You don't want to make others think badly of CC.

Does anyone know who I can contact about planning a luncheon on May 3rd, 2012 on the Celebrity Equinox sailing April 30? We have now as of today, 178 Cruise Critic members and are excited about being possibly one of the largest groups yet!! I have 51 people who have signed up for a get together lunch but I need to know who to contact about setting this up once I board the ship? Is there anyone that can shed some light on this? Your information will be much appreciated.... Sharon Jackson cabin #1630 "Eyetwinkle" on the CC boards :confused:

We had a farewell luncheon on the Golden Princess about 1.5 years ago and one of our members contacted the Maitre D' and he was able to reserve 6 round tables of 10 for our group (we reserved for 60 but had more like 40 show up) and this was on a sea day - not a problem because they had advance notice and it worked our really well.

Laurie

Have you tried contacting Celebrity's Guest Relations Dept.? That would be a good starting point to make the necessary arrangements.

Thanks...I have, and left several messages and they never call back...I think my best be now since I leave 9 days is to go directly to the Matri D (sp?) My French is lousy!! When I board Equinox, I will do just that and bypass people who don't have any control over the dining room...thanks anyway...much appreciated!! :D

We had a farewell luncheon on the Golden Princess about 1.5 years ago and one of our members contacted the Maitre D' and he was able to reserve 6 round tables of 10 for our group (we reserved for 60 but had more like 40 show up) and this was on a sea day - not a problem because they had advance notice and it worked our really well.

Laurie

Thanks, I just responded to BeachBum and told him I thought I would do just as you suggested....and then I saw your advice.....I really think that's the smart thing to do too!! :rolleyes:

Sharon, I can't help you with your question but caution you against posting your cabin number on a public message board. Anyone can see your cabin number and you may not want that broadcast to the thousands of members of cruisecritic. Cruises are like small cities and you just never know who is on the ship with you.

Just a word of caution :)

Never thought of that!! I'm a newbie!! But I know names and cabin #'s of all our friends that we made on CC for different fun get-togethers, (ex) croquet tourney, cabin crawl and informal sailaway gathering and everyone else shared name's and cabin #'s so I thought it was the norm!!:eek:

Never thought of that!! I'm a newbie!! But I know names and cabin #'s of all our friends that we made on CC for different fun get-togethers, (ex) croquet tourney, cabin crawl and informal sailaway gathering and everyone else shared name's and cabin #'s so I thought it was the norm!!:eek:

Sometimes we have to learn the hard way...never give out this information, even to people on your roll call, even when onboard. I followed my gut and refused to be a part of a "cabin crawl" (never could see the point of it :rolleyes:, don't want strangers crawling around my cabin) several years ago. It turned out a couple of women started hating on each other and every time they would see me they would corner me and complain about the other. I was so glad neither of them knew where my cabin was.

Enjoy your meet and greet, sometimes you can meet some very nice people, other times they can be weird. And not in a good way.

Sometimes we have to learn the hard way...never give out this information, even to people on your roll call, even when onboard. I followed my gut and refused to be a part of a "cabin crawl" (never could see the point of it :rolleyes:, don't want strangers crawling around my cabin) several years ago. It turned out a couple of women started hating on each other and every time they would see me they would corner me and complain about the other. I was so glad neither of them knew where my cabin was.

Enjoy your meet and greet, sometimes you can meet some very nice people, other times they can be weird. And not in a good way.

Wow! Talk about paranoid! If you think people on CC are not to be trusted, why do you have almost 20k posts?

Sorry but something just doesn't add up here. :confused:

Wow! Talk about paranoid! If you think people on CC are not to be trusted, why do you have almost 20k posts?

Sorry but something just doesn't add up here. :confused:

Sorry but I don't get your point. Some people have a lot of posts because they are answering others' questions, etc. Happy Ks was referring to not wanting to publicize which cabin they have, which makes a lot of sense. There's another prolific poster who had problems on her fall cruise when some members of her roll call would call her cabin to ask her questions (don't remember if people were actually showing up at her door) to the point that she was feeling harassed.

Archived